A New Begining

After few more days, they arrived at Casterly Rock. Joanna felt as if it was paradise, she did not know why because that place held as many good memories as bad ones. Still, being there with her family was wonderful.
When they were passing through the city and seeing all of the people, most of the people were happy to see them and were saying things like, 'Welcome back, my lords and lady' and 'It's good to have you back', the majority of the people had seen them grow up and, by then, they were seeing the persons they had became and were proud of them and their exploits, unlike they had felt for their father's and sister's. Jaime and Tyrion were surprised with the reaction of the people. However, Joanna was used to it and it just warmed her heart even more.
After talking with the septon to prepared the wedding, they went to the castle.
Prepararions were swift and chaotic. The wedding day was imediatly upon them.
In that morning, Jaime and Tyrion disapeared, at least neither Joanna or Podrick knew where they were. Well, they won't get lost, Joanna had thought. Joanna led the women to her chambers.
Once inside, "Well, you really did not like to be a lady, did you?" Sansa asked. "What was the first guess?" Joanna asked, going to the closet. "Defenitively, the draw of the sword on the wall." Arya said. "I got bored, alright? Besides, I was grounded. My father caught me sneaking out to ride at night." Joanna explained, trying to find something that she was not finding. "How old were you?" Brienne asked. "I don't know, maybe 6." Joanna said, keeping to her former task. "Where was Tyrion?" Daenerys asked. "He and Jaime went to ride. I was the only one caught." Joanna explained and at last she found it. "What are you looking for?" Sansa asked. "This." Joanna said and then she pulled out of the closet, a long lace sleeved white with some gold threads dress, with an orchid embroided in gold at the waist. However, it was not finished, the sleeves were not completely sewed and the dress hem was still not done. Joanna had started doing it when she was 9, because, eventhough she thought that she would never marry, she liked to have a dress just in case she was wrong. She spent two years doing just the shape of the dress, until she went to KingsLanding and the dress remained hidden in the closet, after four years she came back and did the rest during the next three years. Joanna could have finished it by then, but she hated sewing and most of the time she did not have patience to do it. "Oh gods, it's beautiful, Joanna." Sansa said. "And you said that you didn't know how to sew?" Brienne said. "I said I didn't like it, I've never said I didn't learn it. It still sucks." Joanna said. "How long did it take you to do this?" Daenerys asked. "I started it when I was 9 and the last time I worked on it, I was 17." Joanna said. "So you like to sew?" Arya asked with a giggle. "No, actually I don't. I only started doing it, because I wanted to have a plan in case things came down to this and I knew that I would not find another dress that I liked." Joanna explained. "That makes sense actually." Arya said. "Of course that it isn't finished yet and that it won't fit now, because I'm not 9 anymore. Besides, I'm awful at doing this." Joanna said. She wanted to wear the dress when she married Pod, still it seemed like it was not possible. "Would that you'd shown it to us sooner, lady that hates dresses. We'll help you." Sansa said and then they all looked at her and at Dany. "She meant that me and her will help you finished the dress." Daenerys said. "And we are going to try to find some jewelery that matches it and some other women who can actually sew to help you three, aren't we, Arya?" Brienne said. "Yeah, yeah." Arya said. "Try to find Jaime and Tyrion too, please." Joanna said and they nodded and then left.
While Joanna, Sansa and Daenerys were finishing the dress for then adjusting it to fit, Brienne and Arya, after sending some maids to help, went for a walk in the city to try to find some jewelery and they found Jaime and Tyrion. "Be quick about it, she is starting to suspect something is happening." Arya said. "We can't find it anywhere." Tyrion said. "Try the rooms." Brienne said. "The only ones left is father's and Cersei's." Jaime said. "Go to your father's room and then meet us here. Or she is going to find out." Arya said. "Alright, where are you going?" Tyrion asked. "Trying to find some jewels that maches your sister's dress." Brienne said. "Good luck." Jaime said and then they went separeted ways.
Meanwhile, Podrick was getting ready. Jon and Gendry were helping him, or at least trying to. "It's going to be fine, don't worry. How does this works really?" Jon asked. "I don't know. Me and Arya's was by the Old Gods. But, he's right." Gendry said. "You're not helping, guys." Pod said a bit nervous. "You're right, I'm sorry." Jon said. "Look, it's going to be fine, alright? You love her and she loves you." Gendry said. "Yeah, yeah, you're right... it's going to be allright. But... I mean I was a squire until months ago and she is a lady. I mean my house is bannerment to hers. And now we're going to have to rule the Westerlands and I don't know how... " Pod said, freaking out again. "Pod, look at me, I'm going to be King of the Six Kingdoms and I was raise as a bastard, of course it was of a noble house, still I was a bastard. No one ever thaught me how to be King." Jon said trying to comfort him. "Yeah, and I am a bastard that now is a lord. I didn't even know who my father was and I was raised in the Fleabottom and had to work in the forge to earn a living." Gendry said. "I think you're right. It's going to be alright." Pod said, trying to stay calm. "One time, I had to sit in the farthest place of the room, because Lady Stark thought that it would insult the royal family." Jon complained. "And me? They wanted to kill me since I was a baby and I didn't even know why." Gendry complained. "Uh, right... I'm sorry about that." Pod said unsure and then thought, Please, where are you guys... It might be stupid, but Podrick felt that the only persons that could help him calm down, besides Joanna and Brienne, were Jaime and Tyrion and they were nowhere to be seen.
After, finding the jewelery, a golden tiara and golden necklace with a small lion in the centre, Arya and Brienne met Jaime and Tyrion where they had agreed. "Did you find it?" Brienne asked. "Yes, it was in our father's room." Jaime said. "And you?" Tyrion asked. "It's here." Arya said. "We're going to give this to Joanna and see if everything is ready and then I'll go see Pod." Brienne said. "Alright, we're going to talk to him now and see how he is." Jaime said. "Please, tell me you didn't leave him alone with Jon and Gendry." Arya said. "We did, why?" Tyrion asked. "You'd better run." Arya said. And suddenly they realized that even if Pod was the most optimistic of them all, this was his wedding day and he was nervous. "See you." Jaime and Tyrion said and then went to find Pod.
Brienne and Arya got to Joanna's room and when they entered, Joanna was already in the dress. "It's beautiful." Arya said. "You did a wonderful job." Brienne said. Joanna put the jewelery and was almost ready. "How are you?" Brienne asked. "Freaking out. I've never thought this would happen, I've never thought that I would be wearing this dress, I didn't even thought I would finished it." Joanna said, trying to stay calm, which was not working. "Look, it's going to be alright." Brienne said. "I mean I was never a lady and now I'm pregnant and I'm getting married and I will have to rule the Rock. I won't be able to do somethings, like taking the risks I did before. I don't want to stop trying to protect my family, but things are different now." Joanna said in pannick. "I've never seen anyone more in love with each other than you two. Things kept letting you down constantly and you two kept coming back. It's going to be fine, because you and Pod will be wonderful parents. You know that deep down, you want a life that is not boring and not very dangerous at the same time. This is the final piece, Joanna." Brienne said. "You really think that? He's just the best, but I'm a mess. I don't know anything about how to be a mother or a wife. I don't know if I'm up to the task." Joanna said. "He chose you, didn't he? Besides, you are the strongest person I know, you'll find a way." Brienne said. "She's right. You're wonderful, Joanna. Never forget that." Sansa said. "You're going to be happy." Daenerys said. "I hope you're right. I just liked to have my mother's cloak, but I don't know where it is." Joanna said. "It's alright... that's not what is going to make it go wrong." Arya said and the rest of them agreed. Then Brienne said, "Do you mind, if I go check on Pod? He's freaking out. Probably." "Go. He can't be more stressed than me." Joanna said. "Believe me, he can." Brienne said and then left.
Meanwhile, Tyrion and Jaime got to the room where Pod was and entered. "Where were you?" Pod asked, it could be seen that he was still nervous. "We had to go find something." Jaime answered. "What the hell did you do? He's the most optimistic person I know." Tyrion asked Jon and Gendry. "Hey, we're not the ones here who were thaught how to be lords, so it's not our fault." Gendry said. "It's alright, they tried to calm me down. It's just that it's a lot to take in." Pod said. "See..." Jon said. "Thank you. Now, we have to talk to him." Jaime said and they nodded and left, a bit relieved. After that, Tyrion said, "We went to find this." Then Jaime showed Pod the cloak that had belong to their mother and that was in their family since then. "It belonged to our mother and Joanna really wants to use it in her wedding." Jaime said. "Joanna told me that she didn't know where it was." Pod said. "Neither did we. That was why we disapeared, we had to find it. But it is supposed to be a surprised." Jaime explained. "Turns out it was in our father's room." Tyrion said. "Thank you." Podrick said. "I'm sure that you and Joanna will be very happy together." Jaime said. "Welcome to the family." Tyrion said. "Thanks, any advice? I mean, I'm kind of freaking out." Pod said. "Just go with it. It'll be fine." Jaime said. "Besides if you could do it once, you can do it again." Tyrion said. "I hope you're right." Pod said.
Then there was a knock on the door, Jaime went to open it and let Brienne in. After it, he and Tyrion went to find Joanna.
"How are you?" Brienne asked. "I'm more calm, but I'm still in pannick." Pod answered. "It's normal, it will pass when you're in the sept." Brienne said. "What if I'm not good enough for her? I mean, I'm low born and she is high born and now we're going to be parents, what will our children think of it? My house, eventhough that it never even cared I exist, is bannerment to hers, will the people accept it?" Pod said really nervous. "Pod, calm down. You really think that Joanna cares about it? You're the father of her children and you will be her husband, if she wanted to marry a lord, she would have done it long ago, but she didn't. She wants to marry you, because of who you are, not because of your house." Brienne said. "I just don't know if I'm up to the job." Pod said. "You are and she is too." Brienne said. "What if I forget what I'm supossed to say? Or what if I started to stutter, again? It's possible and it would not be the first time." Pod said in pannick again. "Pod, listen to me. You haven't stutter in years, since we three left KingsLanding. It won't start now." Brienne assured him. "It's just a lot to take in, the first time was so much easier." Pod said. "Just pretend that you two are in the Godswood." Brienne said. "I will try." Pod said. "You two will have a wonderful life together, I'm sure of it." Brienne said. "Do you think we're ready for this?" Pod asked more calm and seriously. "I think that you and Joanna have been ready for this, since the time you two set eyes on each other." Brienne said, straightning the collar of his tunic. "Thank you, Brienne." Pod said with a smile and then they went to the sept.
While Pod and Brienne and the rest of the people were going to the sept, Jaime and Tyrion went to find Joanna. They knocked on the door of her room and she told them to come in. When they did and they saw her, they were speechless. She was beautiful, she was absolutely amazing. She looked like their mother and, that was the moment, in which they realized that she was not a girl anymore, she was a grown up woman, ready to start her life. She's a lioness, Jaime and Tyrion thought. "So what do you think?" Joanna asked. "You look amazing, Joanna." Tyrion said. "Father, mother and sister would be proud." Jaime said. "I wish they were here to see it." Joanna said. "They are seeing it, don't worry." Tyrion said. "Are you ready?" Jaime asked. "I am." Joanna said determined. "So which one of us is going to take to the sept?" Tyrion asked. "Both." Joanna said. "Both?" Jaime and Tyrion asked at the same time, surprised. "Yeah, both. If I wanted a traditional marriage, I would have married ages ago. But I didn't and since you're both my brothers and you both are very important to me and my only family left, then I decided that I will have both." Joanna explained. "Alright... let's go then." Jaime said and then they went to the sept.
When they arrived, Joanna looked at the isle and saw Podrick. She smiled without even noticing, He is handsome, I'm so lucky, Joanna thought. He was wearing a balck tunic with a few details in gold and black pants. Then they started to walk towards the isle. When Pod saw Joanna, he was completely amazed and he smiled too, She's amazing, I'm the luckiest guy on Westeros, Podrick thought.
As they were coming closer, Joanna saw the cloak and noticed that it was her mother's, she felt so happy... then she looked at her brothers surprised and Jaime said, "We found it." "It's yours now." Tyrion said. "Thank you." Joanna said smiling.
At last, they got to were Pod was awaiting her. Jaime and Tyrion left Joanna there and then went to their sits.
Joanna went to stand next to Pod and they looked at each other smiling.
Then the septon said, "You may now cloak the bride and bring her under your pretection." Podrick put the cloak over Joanna's back and then they turned to the septon again. The septon then proclaimed, "My lords, my ladies, we stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife. One flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever." Then they joined their hands and the septon tied a ribbon around them in a knot, saying, "Let it be known that Joanna of House Lannister and Podrick of House Payne are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder." After tying it, the septon announced, "In the sight of Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for enternity." Then the septon unraveled the ribbon and their souls were joined for the rest of their lives.
"Look upon each other and say the words." the septon told them. They turned to each other and said at the same time, "Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger..." Then simultaneously, she said, "I'm his and he is mine." And he said, "I'm hers and she is mine." After that, they both said, "From this day, until the end of my days."
After saying the vows, Pod said, "With this kiss, I pledge my love." And then he kissed her and she kissed him back. It was paixonate and proper at the same time. It was the first kiss of their married life.
After the kiss, they turned to the audience and all people clapped and cheered. Joanna and Podrick could not be more happy, they held hands until they exited the sept.
Some hours later, they had to go back to KingsLanding. That night was beautifull and paxionate, with the exicitment of the marriage during the day they had hardly had the time to be together.
Joanna and Podrick were in their room, in bed and they started to talk about earlier.
"You know, I was freaking out earlier." Joanna said. "So was I." Pod said. "It turned out pretty well. I just don't know, if I'm up to this whole new job." Joanna said. "I don't know if I'm up to it, either. But, let's find out together." Pod said. "Yeah, that will work out." Joanna said. "Do you believe that I was afraid I would start to stutter again?" Pod asked with a chuckle. "What? You don't stutter in years. Why would it start now?" Joanna asked with a giggle. "I don't know, I was really nervous." Pod answered. "Well, if you started to stutter again, I would wait all the time that was necessary." Joanna said kissing him. "Is that so, wife?" Pod asked. "It is, husband." Joanna said.
A forthnight passed and the Royal Wedding and The Coronation was upon them.
The Wedding was first and it was beautiful. Both Jon and Daenerys were beautiful and everyone was there to see the cerimony, from the new build sept to the feast after the wedding.
After that it was the Coronation, everyone was at the Throne room. When the high septon anounced, "May the Warrior grant them courage and protect them in these perilous times. May the Smith grant them strength that they might bear this heavy burden. And may the Crone, she that knows the fate of all men, show them the path they must walk and guide them through the dark places that lie ahead. In the light of the Seven, I now proclaim Aegon of House Targaryen, the Sixth of His Name and Daenerys of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, King and Queen of the Andals and the First Men and Lord and Lady of the Six Kingdoms. Long may they reign!" "Long may they reign!" The crowd shouted. Jon had announced his real name so that it could not be used against them in the future.
After that, at Jon's and Dany's comand, there was an audience to anounce the members of the small council.
"We are doing this audience so we can anounce our small council." Daenerys said. "First our Hand will be Lord Varys." Jon said. "We trust that you will always advice us well." Daenerys said. "It will be my honor, Your Graces." Varys said surprised. "Then our Master of Law will be Ser Davos Seaworth." Daenerys anounced. "You always prove to be a just man and always find a solution to the problems that would come." Jon said. "Thank you, Your Graces, it will be an honor." Davos said. "The Maester will be Samwell Tarly." Jon said. "You proved that you can always find a solution to help people." Daenerys said. "Thank you, Your Graces." Sam said. "Then our Master of Whispers will be Brandon Stark." Daenerys said. "It will be very useful for us, if you could take this task." Jon said and Bran nodded with a smile. So far, so good. It will be a wonderful council, Joanna thought. "Then our Master of Ships, we would like it to be Ser Brienne of Tarth." Daenerys said. "Once Tarth has a fantastic story with sailing and everything related to it and that you are the first female knight in history, we trust it will be a fantastic choice." Jon said. "It will be my honor, Your Graces." Brienne said and everyone smiled. It keeps getting better, Joanna thought. "For our Master of War, we would like to name Lady Joanna Lannister." Daenerys said and Joanna got surprised. She'd never expected to have a sit on the small council or even thought about it. However, this was a time of change. "You are a great strategist, are a natural born leader and you have a very pratical mind capable of finding pratical solutions." Jon said. "It will be a honor, Your Graces." Joanna said smiling. Then she looked at Pod and he smiled at her. "At last, our Master of Coin will be Ser Bronn of the Blackwater." Jon said and Bronn nodded. What a wonderful idea! You were doing great, until now... there will be some long, long meetings, Joanna thought.
After the Coronation there was a feast, everyone was talking and enjoying the time. They were all together in a table talking, when out of nowhere, Jon asked Joanna, "You want to be a knight? If you are to be our lady comander you should be a knight." Joanna was surprised and confused, but she said, "Yes... I always did since I was a girl." "Good. Let's make it oficially. Kneel, Lady Joanna." Jon said, standing up and unsheathing his sword. "What?! Now?!" Joanna said surprised. "Go on." Pod said. "Wait, you knew about this?" Joanna asked. "We all knew, go on." Brienne said. Joanna stood up and knelt in front of the king and he said, as he did the dub gesture, "In the name of the Warrior, I charge you to be brave. In the name of the Father, I charge you to be just. In the name of the Mother, I charge you to defend the innocents. Arise, Joanna Lannister, a knight of the Seven Kingdoms." Joanna did and everyone started to cheer and she still could not believe it, it was her dream to become a knight, thousands of people laughed at her because of that for years and by then she was really a knight. "Ser Joanna Lannister, a knight of the Seven Kingdoms!" Her friends said and she could not help but smile. Pod went to her and kissed her, "You're a knight now, congratulations!" Pod said. "Thank you." Joanna said smiling. "Guess, we made it, uh?" Brienne said. "Guess, we did." Joanna said smiling. "Congratulations, Jo!" Jaime and Tyrion said. "Finally! After all those years in KingsLanding." Sansa said. "I still can't believe it. Thank you, Jon. Thank you, Dany." Joanna said. "You deserved it." Jon said. "It's who you are. We just make it oficial, you did the rest." Dany said.
That night, after managing to get to their room, resting on each other's arms, Pod spoke of the day's events. "Master of War and a knight. You know that you always deserved this, right?" Pod said. "If you say so, it will be something to see." Joanna said. "Joanna?" Pod asked seriously. "Hmm?" Joanna said. "Do you think I'll manage running the Rock and looking after the kids, if that's the case, while you will be in KingsLanding?" Pod asked. "I know you will. I trust you more than anyone." Joanna said. "I don't know if I can, I mean I don't know how to do that, I've never learnt how to do that. I was a squire until months ago." Pod said. "Look, my father made me Castellan of the Rock when I was 14. I didn't know anything about it, it was never supossed to be me, it was supossed to be Tyrion. But I managed it, I came to understand it with time. If I could do it, you can too. I'll teach you how and I will try to be home as much as possible." Joanna said. "You really think that?" Pod asked seriously. "I don't think, I know it. Besides, Daenerys and Jon said that I only have to come to KingsLanding, when Jenny is born and after making sure everything is in the right place. So we have time. You'll be a good ruler, I'm sure of it, Pod." Joanna said. "Thank you. What about the people? Will they acept it?" Pod asked. "Many of them, just want peace and prosperity, as long as they have that, they don't care much about what was the past social state of their ruler. And if any of them wants to discuss it any further, then they can come talk to us and we'll show them that they are wrong, because they are." Joanna said. "Alright, if you say so. Tomorrow, we'll depart, right?" Pod asked. "Yes, but in three months we have to go to Winterfell because it's Sansa's coronation." Joanna said. "Alright, you know you still own me a visit through the Rock, right?" Pod said with a chuckle. "First thing to do when we arrive." Joanna said with a giggle.
After some weeks, they were back in the Rock. Joanna began her tour to show Podrick everything around the place. They passed through the city in horseback and then stopped at the stables, Joanna told him everything that had happened during her childhood and intruduced him to the people, who were very surprised to know their new lord and shown they were very impressed with Pod, all of them thinking he should be a great man. Joanna and Podrick were surprised by the reaction of the people and happy at the same time.
When they got to the stables, Joanna and Pod dismounted their horses and a man came to take them away. Joanna recognized him, she had known that his father had passed away, but she had never thought that he would be taking his place on her staff. She had not seen him since the day he broke her heart, she thought that when she saw him again it would be awful, but it was not. She felt nothing, the only thing she felt was gratitude, because if he had not broken her heart, she would not meet Pod and that was probably the best thing that happened to her. Pod saw the way she was looking at the man and realized that the man was Damon, the stables boy. He did not think about what he did next. "Hey." Pod said. Joanna grabbed his arm and said, "Pod, don't." She had no idea of what he was doing and she did not want him to get into trouble with service people. The man turned to face them and was equally surprised to see Joanna as well. One could see it in his eyes he felt the picture was wrong and Joanna got a bit angry. He didn't change, he's still the same idiot, Joanna thought. "You're surprised? I don't see why, she's amazing and, you know what? I'm glad you let her go, because meeting her was the best thing that happened to me." Pod said seriously. Joanna was so happy to hear that. The man nodded a little scared, bowed and went away quickly. Joanna kissed Pod and then said, "Meeting you was also the best thing that happened to me." Pod kissed her again.
Then Joanna said, "Come on, let me show you the castle." They entered the castle and she showed him everything from the great hall to the rooms. She showed him her room and then her sister's and then her brothers'. The last room was Tyrion's and as soon as they stepped foot in the room, memories came flashing back to her mind. Pod noticed that she got strange and serious. "What's wrong?" Pod asked her, grabbing her hand. For the first time, Joanna wanted to tell someone what had happened that night. She wanted to raise her children in that castle with him. She felt safe with him, she knew that she would never be alone again, so what did she have to fear? Ghosts? Memories? No. She had nothing to fear, so she told him, "When I was 14, my father sent me back here, alone. It had passed two months and I hadn't seen my brothers or my sister during that time. Some knights I used to pratice with, they told me that Tyrion had came back to the Rock and that he was waiting in his room, that is this one. I was so happy, so I ran to the room. As soon as, I entered, they closed the door. One of them tried to grabb my arms and the other tried to knock me down. They wanted to get away with it, but I would never let it happen, I'd rather die than let it happen, so I fought. I managed to knock down the one that was holding my arms and then I unsheathed Sharp Claw, I closed my eyes and fought. When I opened them, they were dead. I stabed them in the guts. They were my first kills. I felt afraid and I was mad at myself because I had been fooled. I never told anyone what had really happened. But, I want to raise our children in this castle with you and I'm not letting any ghost from the past haunting it any longer." Pod pulled her into an embrace and said, "Thank you for trusting me with this. We are safe now, we'll be happy here and everything is going to be just wonderful." "I know it will. Come on, I want to show you something." Joanna said and then took his hand and led him to outside the room. Then they went to a glade that was near Lannisport. It was where she used to go when she was a child to calm down or to think. Joanna felt free from her past and she knew that this was the begining of a new story.
When they arrived at the glade, Joanna said, "Welcome to my favourite place on the world." "It's beautiful." Pod said. "It stayed the same for all of these years." Joanna said. "We'll be very happy here." Pod said. "Yes, we will." Joanna said and then they kissed in the middle of the glade. Then with their foreheads joined, they smiled and Joanna thought, This is my happy ending.

THE END

A/N: Hi! Unfortunately, this is the end of our story I hope you liked it. However, there is going to be an Epílogue, so there will be one more chapter. Thanks for voting and for comenting.