Chapter Two

By the time Tatum got to me I was a complete mess with the little amount of mascara I managed to put on this morning running down in black tears.

"Oh honey, you look like shit," she says getting into my car.

A weak "I know" is all can manage before she grabs my head and pulls my it against her chest into a strong bear hug, making it hard to breath.

"Did he say why?"

I shake my head.

She let out an exasperated sigh, "dick."

"Can I get some air?" I say but it comes out muttered.

"What?" she asks letting me loose.

"Thank you." I say pulling away.

"You know what we are taking the day off."

"Where will we go?" we live in a very small town in southern Arizona.

"Really we can go anywhere, my house, yours," she gets a big grin, "the boutique."

I laugh a little. "okay let's go."

She lets out a little squeal. "gimme your phone."

I do because there is no arguing with her. She puts on a song as i start driving away from the school. The song starting with 6 high pitched whistles. "I love that accent you have when you say 'hello'. you relocated from New York a month ago. that mini van that you drive really gets me goin'." She belts out. "Come on sing!"

"No one under stands the chemistry we have and it came it out of no where." I try.

"Yeah yeah yeah yeah" she follows

"It's not like we planned its getting out of hand an now were gunna go there."

"Walk my way Mrs All-American! Say my name, no need to pretend don't be shy, Mrs All American. I'll show you why you're not gunna walk away!" We sing together.

"Not just a neighbour. Oh hey there I'll ring your bell. open your door, pucker up and I'll kiss you well. my lips are sealed there's nobody that I will tell your secrets mine so close your eyes and I'll make you melt." I sing louder now.

"No one under stands the chemistry we have and it came it out of no where. It's not like we planned its getting out of hand an now were gunna go there." Tatum practically screams.

"Walk my way Mrs All-American! Say my name, no need to pretend don't be shy, Mrs All American. I'll show you why you're not gunna walk away!" We sing together. again. "You know you like, you know what you like AAAAAHHHHHHH, You know what you like!" we start laughing.

"Oh I love you Tate" I say.

"I know Mitch, you needed it"

"So ready to go in?" I ask putting the car in park.

"Uhuh always!"

~~~~~~~~~~

We spent the next couple hours playing dress up before going to lunch and a movie. Then dropping Tatum off at home.

Although she tried really hard to get my mind off of dean, I couldn't. It wasn't her fault I just couldn't imagine a life without being with him. He was my first on so many things, when we were 4 he was my first crush, when I realised that boys weren't completely gross. Then at my 7th birthday my mom invited everyone in my class to a pool party and I hugged him, the first boy I ever hugged seriously -as serious as a seven-year-old could get- but as boys do he pushed me away calling me gross, but taking the cake I brought to him anyway. Then at an end of the year party when I was 12 he became my first kiss while playing spin the bottle.

I pulled into my drive way and sat for a little needing time to think and be alone before I was bombarded when I walked in the door by my family.

I pulled out my phone and typed out a text addressed to Dean.

Hey Dean, I'm sorry for being so rude and pushy this morning can we please talk about what happened and everything. I just want to know what I did wrong.

I shook my phone until the text deleted and I typed again.

Hey Dean, fuck you! Good luck trying to find someone else to put up with you, besides your mom.

I shook again before letting out a sigh and heading inside.

"Michelle?" I hear my fathers voice ring from his study right when I walk through the front door.

"Yeah?" I reply.

My mom whipped around the corner at the top of the stairs running down them to greet me at the landing. "Dad and I need to talk to you."

I hold in a groan not wanting to talk about my sluffing or about Dean. "What about."

"Just come." She lead me to my dads office. "Take a seat." She says pointing to a chair before my dads oversized desk.

I sit the same time my mom sits on the edge of the desk.

"What is this about?" I ask.

My parents look to each other in silence.

"We feel that we put a lot of trust in you." My dad starts.

"Yeah."

"And you are turning 18 soon," my mom adds.

'but we feel that you have broken that trust because you feel like an adult,' I expect them to say.

"Okay," I say hesitantly.

"We are going to let you and
Tatum go see that Fine Sauce group you like," my dad says

My mouth drops and my eyes go wide. "What...."

"Honey it's called 5 sauce." My mom corrects "Weird name I know. Who needs that many sauces."

"Woah wait wait wait." I but in. "You guys are letting Tatum and I go see 5 SOS!!"

"I thought that was pretty clear," mom said in a hushed tone.

"We already have it all set." My dad explains. "The concert is on Wednesday so we already excused you from school this week. You and Tatum will leave tomorrow and stay until Sunday."

"Okay sorry still trying to wrap my head around this. Only Tate and I are going alone?"

"Yes"

"To a concert in Phoenix, 4 hours away, alone, for six days in a big city alone?"

"Happy 18th," my mom yells with a huge smile.

"OH MY GOD!!" I scream jumping up to hug my parents.

⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓

Heeeeyyyy
How great are her parents. Oh B T DUBS her parents aren't usually like this. They are super strict and yeah. So vote, comment, share.
I will try to update every Wednesday so hold on we will get more involved with Fine Sauce -in one way or another- ;)
W/<3 Maribelle