Chapter Twelve

We walk out the back of the hotel, with the body guard, Ronnie, where a black SUV awaits us. We drive further downtown to where most of the clubs are.

The SUV comes to a stop in front of a small building with neon red lights spelling "les rêves" above the door. The street was pretty much empty except of a tall muscular man, dressed in all black, standing by the doors. guarding the velvet robes.

Ashton and Calum hop out first, both in dark jeans, black beanies, and similar looking shirts. Luke follows them in black jeans and a black tee reading 'drop dead'. Michael then leaves as well, pulling me behind him.

The bouncer looked down, shaking his head, with a smile on his face. The driver sped away.

"Hello good man," Ashton greeted the man.

"I.D.'s?" the man asks in a no-shit attitude. I didn't realise until now how huge that the man is. He made Luke look like a middle schooler still waiting for puberty to hit.

Ashton, and Calum hand the man their I.D's immediately, and Luke goes for his wallet.

The man takes Ashton's I.D and shines his flashlight onto it. To Ashton's face, then back down to the card.

"How stupid do you think I am kid?" the man asks handing back the piece of plastic.

"Excuse me?" ashton asks very confused.

"You think cause you got a I.D saying a different country you wouldn't think I know a counterfeit looks like?"

"But it's real...."

"About as real as that fake accent kid."

"It's not fake..."

"Sure move along kid, maybe in four years, when you are 21, you can come back."

"But I'm 20.." Ashton sounds as defeated as ever.

"Maybe we should go," I whisper.

"Yeah let's go" Mikey says pulling me with him away from dark building heading down the poorly illuminated street. The street lights have not yet turned on, the only light was coming from the still setting sun, and office buildings towering about.

We pass three more night clubs only to be turned down by the bouncers.

"This is pointless!" Ashton complained.

"You're the one that wanted to come out ash," I laugh, turning to look back to Ashton, who is pouting.

"If you guys would let me win the stupid game just once I wouldn't complain!"

"We don't let anyone win ever," Luke said.

"It's always a fair race mate," Calum added matter-of-factly. "Why did you even play if you know you always lose?"

"I thought I could at least beat a girl at the stupid game," Ashton mumbled, looking down, kicking a pebble on the sidewalk.

We all laugh at the way Ashton's bottom lip pokes out. The noise that we cause seems to cause the street lights flicker on. For some reason the added light scared me, and I wrapped both arms around Michael's muscular bicep. The fingers of my right hand were still intertwined with his long, slender fingers.

We heard a chorus of 'awes' from the boys. I feel my face start to burn. Michael looks down at me with a cute, goofy grin. Causing me to blush more and try to suppress a smile.

"We should just go back to the hotel, we can drink there," Ashton started again.

"What's that!" Michael asked starting to walk faster, the long gape of his walk made it so I had to run a little to keep up, but he wouldn't let go of my hand.