GRIEF. / 3

In which;

Krist comforts Dave during a breakup and Kurt just happens to have the worst timing ever.

"She said she found somebody better than me!" Dave whimpered, burying his face against the bassist's chest as the latter stroked his back comfortingly.

"It's okay, don't worry. She has no idea what she's missing out on right now, Dave," Krist clarified carefully. "You're amazing, Dave. Don't let her bring you down."

Dave nods, letting out a sob and a sniffle, hair disheveled and all over the place— he looked completely fucking broken, sounded and even felt broken, as opposing to his usual calm, cheerful behavior.

And it's all suddenly calm, peaceful and quiet between the two— both enjoying the silence and the comfort of each other's embrace until the door forces itself open and violently slams against the wall.

"Heeeeey, wha'd I miss?" Kurt greeted loudly, striding in and closing the door behind himself, much more comprehensive this time. He trudged over to the bed, where the two others sat with heavy, stumbly steps— as if he was drunk, which he definitely was. "Oof, looks like someone's having a rough time!" He taunted and Krist shot a gentle yet scolding glare at him.

"Kurt, now's really not the time," Krist tried acting like the mature one in this situation.

"Oh, Jen broke up with him, didn't she?" Kurt smiled— he sounded eager. Excited more than pitiful or sympathetic, which was confusing, but it's Kurt after all— he's confusing as fuck, even more when he's drunk. "He's grieving!"

"Yeah, but—"

Krist was cut off by a hysteric, beaming—- very drunk Kurt.

"He's an emotional baggage, I guess you could call 'im a—-" The chaotic blond snorted. "A griefcase."

"A what." Krist deadpanned.

"A griefcase," Kurt repeated. "A briefcase, but filled with grief."

Krist thinks that this is horribly inappropriate, Dave was literally breaking down in front of then, and here Kurt was— making jokes about something tragic as fuck. Casual.

And Krist's about to scold Kurt, but that's until Dave starts laughing, and it's all back to normal. Dave's mood had changed completely, and the three of them felt complete again.

They weren't themselves without each other, after all.

griefcase.

what the fuck is wrong with me.

word count: 378