NOT BROKEN. / 4

"Oh, don't try to fix me. I'm not broken."

Subsequent to meaningless words came a small fake smile.

If my eyes could show my soul, everyone would cry when they saw me smile.

"But you are," Dave persuades distraughtly. "Kurt, I can't fucking imagine what it would be like living without you! You're spiraling out of control, This isn't good!" He wailed, causing the singer's smile to drop.

"I'm sorry," the blond whispered.

"What if one day I wake up and you don't! I'm so fucking sick of having to worry every single time I leave the house! You're unreliable, you need to do something!" Dave continued. "We need to do something!"

The frontman's eyes darted down out of guilt. "I guess I'm just tired," he laughs bitterly. "I'll try doing better, okay? I'll get help for you."

"Do you promise?" Dave mumbled weakly.

"You have my word."

And it's a sentence that falls on deaf ears, because the dummer's already desperately pulling his boyfriend in for a longing embrace, making the latter feel loved once more.

The past month had gone terrible so far, and this was just the icing on the cake, the only relief being the fact that, if things go well, they'll be in each other's arms once more, as if it was all the calm after the storm; the sun after the rain.

It's all seasons in the sun for now, and all that awaits is another dark turn; another obstacle that the two have to get over, and it'll keep going until the singer either gets help or until the drummer can't take it anymore.

felt like writing something based on a dialogue prompt so here it is

word count: 287