1991. / 5

It's bizarre because the man howling his fucking lungs out on the TV is actually right next to me, sound asleep; arm draped around my abdomen and his head laid to rest against my side. It's bizzarre, because this climbing 'rockstar', the one with the revolutionary 'I don't give a fuck' type of attitude is actually the sweetest angel on this godforsaken planet. It's bizarre, because he's my soulmate.

As the music fades out and I'm severed out of my captivated daze, I gaze darkly at the singer with wide puppy-dog eyes, as if I'm completely awestruck.

It's as if he's diving deep, head-first into the shallow. It's getting to the point where I feel guilty. I feel bad for him.

I reach for the remote, turn the television off and turn the lamp off, too.

I shift and heave further down into the bed, instead turning to dave him and wrap my arm around him, too. He's still completely asleep.

"I love you."

Sweet words falling on deaf ears, for the receiver is asleep. It doesn't matter, because it feels good being able to get it off of my chest. I don't care if he heard it or not, I just want to say it— I have to.

I lean in and gently place a soft kiss on his forehead, laced with a veil of blond strands; I felt at home.

He was my home, he was my lifeline.

was.

based on an interview I found! ft Dave! where he used to live with Kurt! And slts was on the tv! Fucking bizzare

AKA ME WANTING TO WRITE MORE SHORT SHIT

word count: 286