jealousy

continuation
(the twoshot)

—————————————

dave had always been a natural magnet with his charisma and extroverted personality, much unlike kurt.

they had agreed to hang out at the bar for the rest of the night as the record store had already closed a while ago.

long story short, they drank a shit ton— well, kurt was the one who drank a shit ton while dave stayed a little more careful with the alcohol, just incase if he had to take care of a drunk kurt for what felt like the millionth time.

"bathroom," kurt forced out through a clenched jaw, looking at dave, who was only a little concerned—

well, that's an underestimation.

"uh, okay? are you too fucked to make it there or-"

the blond shook his head, then shrugged. "come."

and he got up, leaving the brunet confused as he (surprise surprise) followed anyway.

the bathroom was deserted.

lit up by lights and dave would've thought that this must've been much to kurt's dismay, as bitter as it sounds and is.

kurt chuckled quietly. "i can read your mind," he murmured enthusiastically, walking up to one of the sinks and glancing at the mirror, mostly focusing on dave as he glanced at his said friend from the corner of his eyes.

"read my mind?" dave laughed nervously, carefully trudging over to kurt's side, leaning against the counter and turning to carefully give the frontman a once-over— face once-over, of course.

"we both know what the blue lights are for, dave," kurt grinned as he met dave's gaze. "you're probably mocking me right now, aren't you?"

the words all hit at once and it left the poor drummer confused. he stared at kurt in disbelief, as if he was lost or maybe even reconsidering even going here in the first place.

of course, that's just how kurt was sometimes. he would get all self-depreciating and stuff when he got drunk, which was really all dave had to deal with at this point (aside from the constant drunk flirting.) dave was used to it at this point.

"kurt," the younger sighed. "i'm not mocking you. yeah, sure, i know what the lights are for and we all know that you probably think that this is top quality comedy— but it's not. i'm not going to blame you for something you barely have any control over anymore."

kurt's grin faltered.

the silence was grim.

kurt nodded and licked his lips nervously, looking down at the sink. "sorry," he whispered, letting out an overwhelmed sigh as he reached up and ran a hand through his matted hair.

"don't apologize," dave smiled a small, nervous smile— he was doing his best to be comforting. "i'm sorry, too. for breaking out like that, y'know what i mean?"

"don' sweat it," kurt laughed, glancing up for a split second; his best friend's contagious smile infecting him and causing him to beam as he once again turned and leaned in for a hug.

his arms wrapped around the taller's midsection, head buried against his torso and the latter replied by wrapping his arms around him, too.

it's a comforting hug, kurt had found out that hugging dave was a great new form of remedy, especially when he feels down; just like now.

kurt hums as the drummer traces his clothed spine with his fingers soothingly, before whispering, "have you ever gotten jealous before?"

"what?" dave questioned. "um, yeah? i mean— everybody's been jealous before."