attention

the tour had gotten boring and repetitive, not to mention tiring. a break was exactly what they deserved at this point.

and that's what they got.

two rest days before yet another concert, followed by approximately eight more.

although they decided not to pay too much attention to the concerts anymore, instead taking time to enjoy their rest days.

krist slept most of the time sleeping and 'hanging out' with groupies, despite still being married to shelli, and funny thing is; the two other members promised to keep it all a secret.

speaking of the other two, they were already back in their hotel rooms— but here's the catch; they weren't alone in their own rooms, they were sharing one instead.

kurt was on the bed, not even half asleep as he was staying up, talking with dave, who was laying right next to him.

and it was getting boring— just laying there. kurt had suggested sleeping, but dave, being the child he is; he wanted to do more than that.

"kurt, i'm going to the record store," the brunet grinned, sitting up and looking down at the grumpy blond. "you should come with me. maybe we'll find something good or whatever-"

"yeah, let's go listen to bay city rollers!" the said blond exclaimed sarcastically. "no, i'm not going dave. take the room key if you plan on coming back. i'm gonna sleep."

the drummer paused, thinking of a solution; something that would make the blond go with him.

"what if i get jumped?" dave laughed. "what am i supposed to do then? it's dark as shit outside!"

"i'm not sure, dave. i can't even help you with that in the first place. i'm weak as shit," kurt smiled a small smile— he had to hide it so that he would show no interest, so he went ahead and turned around; his back now facing his one of his best friends.

"doesn't matter! you're pretty intimidating, it'd help either way!" dave argued softly; almost disappointed, even though he could practically hear kurt smile.

and that gave kurt an idea.

"you know what, maybe i'll consider," he trailed off, turning back around and gazing at dave with gentle eyes and a gentle smile, stringy strands of golden blond hair covering some parts of his face.

"go with me?" dave pleaded clemently, eyes wide and pleading to only further push kurt into agreeing.

"as long as you hold my hand," kurt grinned widely, assuming that it would somehow embarrass dave or convince him to change his mind.

"deal!" dave beamed, leaning down and gently pecking his best friend's forehead before getting up and off of the bed.

"get ready cause i have no idea when the store closes, its best if we go now," the brunet cautioned, already heading for his jacket and shoes.

kurt, ok the other hand, laid still on the bed; all confused and even flustered.

"uh— what if it's," the blond took a sharp breath to push the words out of his mouth. "closed already? what do we do then?"

"we can go to a bar or something if that makes yo feel better," dave shrugged calmly.

"while holding hands?" kurt quirked a brow smugly.

"yeah, if you're so desperate then why not?"

"wow. who said i'm desperate?" kurt scoffed and got up, gathering his own things and getting ready too.

"you look desperate," dave chuckled, slipping on his shoes and waiting, carefully eyeing his friend as he got ready too.

"ready?" kurt smiled as he looked up at the drummer.

and dave hummed, mustering up the courage to finally reach down and grab kurt's hand, fingers intertwining as he opened the door without another word, and the two of them pushed through.

kurt couldn't help but glance down at their interlocked hands in disbelief half of the way to the record store.

and dave— well,

something was just so lovable about kurt; especially that night and especially in his eyes.

—-

may be a twoshot idk it's just to make up for all the angst i've been writing lately

kurt and dave both make me so EMO HONESTLY