loneliness

hUrT/cOmFoRt headass smh

dave goes through a breakup, kurt comforts him.
kurt's pov.

———

it's been like this for at least an hour now; the walls in this house are thin and i couldn't stand having to listen to dave sobbing all night anymore. i know what it's like going through a tough breakup, feeling all alone and shit and yet here i am; frowning slightly irritated by the devastating sobs and sniffles and i'm not even doing anything about it.

i yawn and sit up, pulling the sheets off of my lanky body and getting out of the bed.

i bent down and picked up the pajama pants that i had taken off less than an hour ago, it had gotten way too warm in the house lately; it's summer after all. i effortlessly slide the pants on and tug at the drawstrings before running a hand through my tangled hair.

and i'm off, walking out of the hellishly dark room, out into the long ass hallway and in front of the door to my literal next-door neighbor.

history had repeated itself in a way; dave and i moved in together last year, no financial problems involved this time. krist had moved in with his wife, i divorced courtney, dave and i got along really well so instead of him moving in with his girlfriend, he moved in with me.

it's a little scary to admit it but i actually enjoyed his company, maybe a little too much sometimes; more than i should. there's just really something special about him, like the nights we'd spend downstairs in the living room, listening to music and drinking whatever the hell we could find; laughing and smiling. he was interesting for sure, very interesting — you could quite literally say that he's attractive.

take it with a grain of salt though, i don't mean sexually attractive. just lovable.

snap back to reality, i hesitantly knock on the door.

"dave?" i call out tiredly, my voice raspy with tiredness as i try to blink the sleep out of my eyes; just a little energy would be great right now, but my body always decides to give up when it comes to times like these.

it's quiet from the other end, just for a little bit until i hear a weak, "what?"

"can i come in?" i ask gently, my heart almost shattering at the mere sound of his voice.

this is so unlike him.

there's a pause, again. "it's open," he declares quietly, yet i hear it perfectly; as i said, the walls are thin.

i nod to myself and, navigating myself through the darkness, i gently grab the doorknob and twist, opening the door and stepping in, making sure to close it behind me.

it's completely dark in the room, dark except for the moonlight that shone through the windows; the curtains are drawn to reveal everything outside, yet again very much unlike the dave i know.

the sheets are all formed into a big lump on the bed, i can only assume that dave's hidden there, crying his eyes out; at least that's what it sounded like. i couldn't stop thinking about it now, this was the first time i've ever seen dave being so miserable. of course, i've seen him being sad, but not this sad.