wicked

dave was never really shy when it came to relationships, he was quite the opposite; straight-forward and, well, dominant.

he had caught feelings for kurt less than a week after first joining the band, which wasn't really surprising. the guy was charming for sure, maybe a little too charming in dave's opinion though.

the fact that they had some sort of bond paired with him feeling left out (krist and kurt were very inseparable) put him to submission, not completely but he had to be careful if he was going to shoot his shot— somehow.

which was why he was caught completely off guard when kurt basically grabbed his head and kissed him.

it wasn't even close to anything dave had ever expected; he never expected kurt to be truly into boys, he usually came across as a supporter, nothing less but maybe just a little more than that.

of course, kurt had expected a slap or something lime that, maybe even a punch. it was all so sudden and expected, after all. you don't just grab your bandmate's head and kiss them any day, do you?

luckily, dave was quick enough to respond by kissing back, he even risked it all and let his hand rest on the blond's hip; risky move, but sometimes the risk can pay off with a high reward.

kurt let it happen, he even encouraged it by shifting just a little bit and moving in closer towards the brunet's touch, cocking his head and angling himself to deepen the kiss just a little bit, keeping it soft and only lips-to-lips, nothing more. he wasn't brave enough to set a pace by himself, not when it came to dave.

and it did encourage him; it made him more confident with his 'poor' decisions, let him turn every little touch a little more daring than the other; turn the kiss just a bit deeper and wanting.

of course, kurt began getting a little desperate after that. his hands fisted in dave's dark locks, he slid his tongue down the drummer's bottom lip before slipping it into his mouth, only to be welcomed warmly by the latter, who gently parted his lips and dug his fingers into the frontman's hip.

his hand slowly slipping under kurt's sweater, dave ran his fingers over his bandmate's sharp hip bone, fingers gently sliding down his almost feverish skin as it burned hot with embarrassment — self-consciousness.

and kurt coiled, barely able to take the embarrassment. he parted from dave's lips, no matter how wrong it felt to just break the kiss like that.

and dave was alarmed; did he go too far?

"did i do something wrong?" dave inquired softly. "sorry."

"no," kurt shook his head hesitantly, reaching down and tugging the sweater further down. "i just—
don't like it."

"don't like what?" dave arched his brows in fear. he really did something wrong, didn't he? god, he should've stayed careful.

"body," kurt cleared his throat uncomfortably, eyes darting away from dave to look some at the ground instead. "i don't really have a positive self-image."

dave's heart sunk to his stomach. "gosh, kurt— please don't say that about yourself."

kurt swallowed dryly and dropped his head, only to have dave tilt his head back up again, hands cupping his cheeks.

"you're the most beautiful person i've ever seen, i mean it," dave murmured— almost shyly. "you're breathtaking. besides, looks don't really matter, do they? i love you either way."

the frontman's face flushed with a slight red color as he sighed. "i just— thought that you'd leave me alone after this. this could all be a lie for all i know."

"it isn't, you have my word."

and this sparked a little bit of hope in the blond. he looked up, met dave's eyes and was instantly reassured by the warm sensation washing over him; it felt so welcoming and at home, he could just submerge himself in it— god, he wish he could.

a small smile tugged slightly at the corners of kurt's lips as he cupped the younger boy's cheeks and leaned in, reconnecting their lips.

dave responded instantly, no longer having to take a breath and a pause in order to process what was happening. he decided to stay a little more careful this time, simply wrapping his arms around the small of kurt's waist this time.

and kurt, yet again, shifted closer, letting himself melt against dave's touch as his hands slid down the brunet's neck, now on his shoulders before running down his chest.

dave took that as a cue to continue he left off, one hand sliding down kurt's waist, back down to his hip to the hemline of his sweater, only tugging it a little first, waiting for a possible affirmation that would let him go further.

kurt only deepened the kiss, getting a little brave and biting down on dave's bottom lip, tugging at it between his teeth, and that was all dave needed.

the youngest's hand slid under the black sweater, letting it ride up as he roamed over the blond's smooth back, almost shivering at the feeling of his bare skin, only able to think about how it'd feel to have his skin against his a little more intimately.

and kurt didn't recoil this time, he didn't even feel embarrassed or self-conscious. he felt desired and he was desired, that was all he needed in order to boost his confidence.

it was almost turning into a battle for dominance, all until kurt climbed up onto dave's lap, straddling his thighs and tangling one of his hands in the drummer's dark brown locks, which almost knocked the air straight out of the said drummer's lungs.

dave doesn't know what to expect anymore, it's not like this is moving too fast for him, it may actually be just slow enough for his liking, but that's besides the point. what he's really focusing on right now is how good of a kisser kurt really is; he wouldn't be surprised if his lips were bleeding or something at this point.

fuck, it's so hard to wrap his head around the fact that kurt's a good kisser. he's kissing kurt and it's only hitting him now.

which, of course, 'ignited' him further. dave being dave, he always loved a good rush of adrenaline subsequent to a risk or a few, and here is his shot as kurt already took his.

both of his hands slid down kurt's back, down his waist and hips until they reached his ass, which seemed to please kurt somehow as he let out a slight huff, which was unusual compared to his current breathing pattern, as dave had noticed.

the room had 'somehow' turned hot as hell and kurt wanted to keep acting innocent, at least to some extent; all while getting what he wants. he had to be subtle about it, so he pulled away.

"it's hot as shit in here," he chuckled breathlessly, eyes fluttering open, half-lidded as he peeked at dave, who was only smirking at him.

"weren't you the one who was complaining about it being 'cold as balls' in here earlier?"

"fuck it, changed my mind," kurt grinned. "hey, don't you think we should move to the bed or something? the floor isn't exactly comfortable."

"uh-huh, you're one to talk," dave scoffed playfully. "you're literally sitting on my lap."

"got a problem with that?" kurt accused, catching up with dave's playful demeanor as he convinced himself to get up from dave's lap.

"no, actually not. i liked it, actually," dave laughed, standing up too.

"what's next? want me to call you daddy too or something?" kurt snorted, grinning mischievously as he noticed dave tense up a little.

"no, i'm good," dave smiled, arm wrapping around kurt's waist, deciding to just head to the bed in order to prevent this mess of a conversation from progressing further.

"sure you are."

———

excuse my typos pls
lowercase intended tho

was gonna originally make this into a smut but then i began questioning my abilities as a writer so maybe i'll make it into a separate chapter if i feel like it

bye i'm all out of ideas so feel free 2 request anything