"sOuLmAtEs"

having discovered 'true love' less or more than a year ago, the two had been having the times of their lives.

ever since dave joined the band, kurt felt an instant connection; they even noticed one thing, one specific night.

you see; in this world, soulmates are connected, but it's not anything you'd expect— instead of some invisible red string or a black and white world, it's something a little worse (depending on how you look at it.)

long story short — everything you draw appears on your soulmate's skin, as well as your own.

this could be both a beautiful thing and an absolute tragedy.

like, back when kurt decided to sharpie a fucking dick on his cheek in the 1992 vmas and it appeared on dave's cheek too, mid-interview.

let's just say that kurt had the absolute time of his life that day.

other than kurt being mischievous almost all of the time, this quirk could also be used for secret messages or anything of the sort, maybe even cute surprises sometimes— but that was not only rare but mostly dave's idea as kurt thought that it was simply too cheesy.

the 'tattoos' would stay on for no more than three days, after they they'd just disappear completely. you can wash them off and when you do it disappears for your soulmate too.

what's the most devastating is seeing the drawings disappear before the time they were supposed to disappear.

that's when you know that something's wrong.

the drawings never fully fade, you can still faintly see them faintly no matter how many times you try to wash them away. they can only disappear when the time is right; yet again, three days after they've been drawn on. if it's any earlier than that then it means that something bad has happened to your soulmate.

luckily, neither of them have had to deal with that, not yet at least.