tattoos

kurt was always very fond of dave's tattoos, he'd seen every single one of them and he loved it all. he even had one himself, but that was a diy type thing and honestly, he didn't regret it; hell, he even wanted more because of dave, who had basically inspired him to get another one, just because dave looked amazing with them.

now, kurt had been thinking of getting another tattoo; nothing big, probably another small one that would be pretty easy to cover up just in case, but the thing was; he couldn't decide.

not only that, but he wanted a matching tattoo; a matching tattoo with dave.

when the news were broken to the drummer, he was beyond overjoyed. he acted like an excited puppy whenever kurt would do anything as small as even mention the word tattoo; he enjoyed tattoos, enjoyed getting them and enjoyed planning them out, having a matching one with kurt would be like a dream come true.

there wasn't even a single bit of skepticism from dave's side, he was convinced that what he called the 'jennifer incident' won't happen again, not for now at least— hopefully. he'll probably have to stick to something small, easy to cover up just in case, nothing that stands out too much.

the two began discussing where they'd get the tattoos and what they'd be. they had agreed on small tattoos, small and simple. they eventually decided on wrist tattoos, as cheesy as that is.

"okay, got any other ideas?" kurt sighed, sprawling out on the couch as dave hummed, shrugging.

the two were currently hanging out in their shared living room, having moved in together a while ago. dave was on the floor, kurt was taking up most of the couch.

"i don't know, what about some stupid quote or whatever? literally just come up with something dumb and you've got it," dave shrugged, suggesting a last resort.

kurt sighed. "nah, that's just— cheesy."

"well i'm stumped," dave yawned, standing up and sitting down on the couch, sinking in his seat. "you decide i guess, seriously. let's just do whatever you wanna do."

"even if i wanted to tattoo big matching dicks on our foreheads?" kurt smiled, looking up at dave with a mischievous look.

dave laughed. "yeah, sure, if that's how far you wanna go."

"actually, on second thought, i'd rather not," kurt retorted carefully, pausing for a bit and squinting his eyes as if he was thinking.

dave simply watched the focused expression etch over kurt's face fondly, admiring how truly adorable he looked when he was so deep in thought about something as simple as this, it wasn't a big deal in dave's opinion, but perhaps it meant the world to kurt — dave decided not to judge in that case.

"oh!" kurt beamed in thought, looking up at dave with a hopeful expression. "i know it's dumb, but how about a sun and moon kind of thing? you could have the sun and i could have the moon!"

dave's eyes softened, his heart almost shattered in complete adoration as he smiled fondly. "that sounds nice, actually. do the tattoos have a story or are we just doing it for fun?"

"well, i was thinking.. you're extroverted and i'm introverted, we're like an opposites attract type thing," kurt trailed off, sitting up straighter. "you're everything i'm not, you're fun— outgoing, attractive and super easy to talk to, you're a people magnet, so you're the sun!"

dave cocked his head and squinted his eyes, opening his mouth to say something but he was quickly interrupted by kurt placing a finger on his lips, as if to shut up him.

"i'm shy, i'm introverted and i'm really not that outgoing, i don't attract people as easily as you, i'm like the moon. see? it's opposites attract!"

dave let out a small sigh. "kurt, i love how you're so passionate about this, but the way you talk about yourself—" he paused, gently reaching forward and cupping kurt's cheek. "it's as if you're putting yourself down, you're making it sound like i overshadow you."

"you do, and i mean that in a good way! you deserve it, dave. you're amazing and you're cool and— i see why people like you so much," the frontman smiled softly, leaning in against dave's warm touch.

"haven't you realized that people like you, too? hey, you're the frontman of nirvana, biggest band in the world! you're like the coolest guy on planet earth right now!" dave encouraged confidently. "don't put yourself down for your personality. who cares if you don't get along with people as well as i do, not to sound rude— you're unique and you're mysterious and you're literally the definition of attractive."

kurt flinched, his cheeks heating up red. "you're getting sappy, dave, you should stop," he joked.

dave beamed, gently ruffling the blond's hair before leaning in and pecking his forehead chastely, a quick little exchange of affection. "yeah, whatever. you wanna get the tattoos tomorrow?"

"hell yeah, man! i want the news to go all craaazy over my new tattoo!" the older of the two laughed playfully, dave snorted.

"that's probably exactly what's gonna happen so let's not push it," the drummer suggested contently, opening his arms to change the topic. "let's watch a movie and rest for tonight, we've had a long day."

kurt hummed and turned, backing up into dave's embrace, his back pressed against the drummer's lean torso, arms wrapping around him lovingly as he relaxed. "actually, can we skip the movie part? i really just wanna sleep at this point."

"ooh? watch us forget the tattoo idea tomorrow," dave chuckled. "yeah, sure. we should move up to the bedroom though, shouldn't we?"

"nah, let's sleep on the couch," kurt yawned sleepily, his eyes closing all by themselves. he didn't bother moving anymore; didn't even feel like it anyway.

"weirdest thing i've heard today but okay, sleep well," dave huffed.

it's silent for a bit, dave assumes that kurt had already fallen asleep, judging by his breathing pattern.

but then, out of the blue, a sleepy kurt mumbled, "i love you."

dave smiled sleepily, sinking further against the couch and sighing. "i love you too, angel."

angel, the word looped in kurt's head, he grinned contently and finally; the both were able to fall asleep for sure.

of course, they kept their promises the next day; they did end up getting the tattoos, kurt getting a small crescent moon on his wrist, dave getting a sun on his.

and yes, there was indeed a news report on it— or a few thousand news reports, actually. whatever it was, the couple absolutely adored their new tattoos. dave didn't think he'd appreciate it this much, really; it's his smallest tattoo anyway— well, he was wrong. this tattoo was probably his most important one out of all of the ones he has on his whole body — combined.

kurt couldn't have been happier.

———

happy kurt makes my heart melt >:(
them getting matching tattoos arkcjsha :(

u can tell how lazy i got near the end so pls excuse my grammar! as always!