FUCHSIA. / 11

SMUT WARNING.

this is a two-shot, which means it consists of two chapters.

(1/2)

Dave preferred his pink hair over anything else that night.

————————————————————

"You should dye your hair more often," Dave commented, unable to tear his eyes away from the distracting bright shade of magenta that tainted the once blond locks of hair, now disheveled because of a restless night. "You look good in red."

"It's crimson," Kurt corrected; just to annoy Dave. "I don't think I wanna dye it again. It's a total waste of kool-aid," he joked.

Dave nodded and watched as Kurt trudged from cabinet to cabinet, searching for god knows what. The two of them were currently in the kitchen— all the way back in the singer's house, as his wife was finally gone for the remaining of this week, and Kurt had invited Dave over for some company, as he got lonely pretty damn fast. Normally he'd enjoy being alone, but not this time. Krist, being married, decided to prioritize his wife over his friends this time; they were taking a break from the band, anyway. Before releasing their newest album, of course, which was about roughly a year away from the present time.

Dave wanted to say something quite vulgar and inappropriate, not only in this situation, but in general, but he managed to bite it down just before it slipped.

Kurt looked sure of himself when he turned, a gleam of rare confidence in those bright blue eyes as they locked with Dave's brown ones. "Forget the hair thing, how you been lately?" He crooned, hopping up on one of the counters and sitting on it, close to where Dave was leaning against it.

"Fine. What about you? How's it like living here without Courtney?" Dave tilted his head to the side. "She's returning next week, right?"

"Honestly, I've been doing better ever since Courtney left, so I don't know how things will go when she comes back," the singer shrugged apathetically. "But, yeah. She's coming back next week," he sighed. "Sadly."

"Sadly?" Dave grinned.

"She's so over-the-top nowadays. I've talked to her about a divorce, but I guess not. She said that she'll either take like fifty percent of my money or there will be no divorce at all, so I guess I'm just waiting to see what happens now."

Dave nods sympathetically. "I feel bad for you."

Actually, I don't, the brunet thought to himself. It's your fault. You should've listened to me.

He had to gulp the sour words down before he would spill them on accident.

"No need for that," Kurt grinned. "It's fine. I'll deal with it by myself someday, I'll just let things flow naturally and see where it goes."

Dave nods. "I guess that's a good idea too."

Kurt hums calmly in response, and the silence hangs over them tenderly; comfortably, yet with a slight twist of tenseness.

"Y'know," Kurt huffed. "I should've married you instead."

Dave's brows arch in surprise. "Wow, really?" He chuckled. He was playing it off as a joke— even though Kurt actually meant it.