TEEN SUICIDE. / 15

part two.

————————————————————

𐄂

"what are your plans for the future?" dave asked, gently squeezing the blond's hand, fingers lacing together as an attempt to fight the cold. "like after school and stuff."

kurt's shoulders sinking, he bowed his head and sighed. "i don't know to be honest. i have no longterm plans for this body."

dave's heart sank. "oh? why?"

"it's hard to talk about," kurt sighed, letting go of dave's hand and reaching down to pick up a rock from the ground before straightening his posture and throwing the pebble into the river. "it's depression and shit, i guess. i never really lived a good life despite having quote unquote 'everything i need.'"

"i see," dave nods carefully, hands burying into his pockets for warmth as he glanced at his boyfriend from the corners of his eyes before peering back over at the river. he wanted to know more but he didn't want to pressure kurt into telling him everything else, so he stayed silent.

but the latter could practically sense the younger's curiosity, so he caved in instead. "it's family issues," he huffed an explanation. "i always feel so rejected by my own mother and father. they never really managed to deal with me, that's why i'm living with my aunt right now."

dave hummed understandingly and draped an arm around the small of kurt's shoulders, pulling him closer to warm him up. "so if not for your aunt then you wouldn't have lived in seattle—- you're from aberdeen, right?"

"that small ass city in washington, yeah," kurt chuckled. "i never really got where you're from."

"um, ohio," the younger trailed off, almost at a loss for words for no reason at all. "well, i was born in ohio. i grew up in virginia, alexandria area before we moved here."

"we?" blue puppy eyes wide with interest, kurt looked up at his lover questioningly, as if it's his turn to be curious now. "what's your family like?"

"oh, it's just my mom and my sister— and me, of course," dave chuckled lightly.

"can i meet them? or are they— y'know, against—"

"you can meet them," dave nods, cutting off the blond's rambling. "my mom knows that i'm interested in guys and stuff. i don't really know about my sister but who gives a fuck anyway?"

"your sister does," kurt huffed a laugh, leaning his head against dave's shoulder as he stared out at the muddy lake and the houses on the other side. "when? when can i meet them?"

"don't know. i can ask you over for dinner tonight? i gotta go home soon and i'm sure that my mom doesn't mind me bringing over a 'friend.'" dave suggested smugly and kurt only shot him a short, half-hearted glare.

"yeah. that'd be nice." and yet the blond agreed nonetheless.

"well, you wanna go now or something? we can stop by the other park that's just down the block from my house if you wanna get ready or something."

"yeah," kurt smiled and parted from dave's warm embrace, standing up and zipping his jacket up. "let's go. i'm getting a little excited now, meeting your family and stuff."

"pft. yeah, yeah," dave laughed and got up, too.

and side-by-side, they left the bridge— hand in hand as they parted their ways from the muddy banks of wishkah.

————————————————————

wwyd if i made this into another fanfic!1!1 like their rise to fame or some shit when dave moves to aberdeen lol

umm
thoughts?

word count: 589