'90. / 7

Cold, snowy night in the freezing winter of '90. It's only Kurt and I now— in that small, beat-up apartment of his. Despite it being quite unpleasant and cold in here, I find warmth in the blond's company. He's so bright and lively, it's actually adorable.

We've been dating for over two months now, it started ever since I moved in; a month after that. It was all mutual and whatnot, it was just a whole bunch of sap.

Here we were now, sprawled over the bed that we now shared, howling laughter at the old letters we sent each other while away.

"Here, let me find 'nother one," he offered with a grin, leaning down and digging through a small box under his bed.

I smile and watch as he hums, finding another letter.

He opens it and it's as if the room had warmed up. It's one of those stupid confession letters I wrote a while ago— it fucking sucked and now I'm gonna get taunted because of it.

His grin grows wider as he snorts. "You—" he cuts himself off with a dumb-founded look. "You have such a way with words, wow. I'm swooning!" He mocked, shooting a playful glare at me.

"Shut up," I cry out dramatically, narrowing my eyes. "I swear to god, if you read it out loud—"

"I just wanted you to know that I appreciate you." The blond smiled genuinely as he read the letter out loud, sketching over a few unimportant lines and moving on from one to another as I sulk and melt against the bed, all embarrassed and dazed.

I'm definitely in love.

He folded the letter neatly and tossed it back into the box. "Wow. You're really romantic, Dave," he laughed.

"Jesus. Will you ever stop teasing me?" I huff and instead shift so that my head is on his lap now. He hums lovingly and leans against the broken headboard, stroking strands of hair away from my face.

"Nah. Don't think I will," he chuckles, blowing his own hair away from his face. "It'a cute. You're cute. It's cheesy, but it's cute."

I sigh and close my eyes. "Stop."

"No," he resists flatly, and silence is now the only thing looping in my mind; as blank as the brightest light as the blond leans in and presses a quick, soft kiss to my lips.

I let out another huff.

"Look, you're really cute and all, but we should get some rest. Long day ahead of us tomorrow, it's almost Christmas," he advised calmly, sliding down the bed as I sit up.

"Plans for 'the big holiday'?" I grin and move back so that we can both slide under the covers.

"Death," he responds, yet again, flatly.

And we both laugh.

"Love you," I croon and lean in to peck his scruffy cheek, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"Love you too. Good night."

"Good night," I echo and close my eyes; and we both fall asleep,

or so I assume.

ok this makes up for all the angst I've written in this crack filled book!

word count: 523