Temptation

I woke up to the bright sunlight beaming through the curtains. I rolled away from the painful glare, burying my head in my pillow, and pulling the duvet up to my chin. I yawned, wishing I could just close my eyes and go back to sleep, but I knew that wasn't about to happen. So instead, I stretched my limbs, and rolled out of bed, plodding across the soft carpet and into the bathroom. The cold tiled floor was an unwelcome shock against my bare feet, causing me to gasp as a shiver ran through me. I was relieved to not be dealing with a hangover this morning, working in a garage whilst worse for wear, it wasn't a fun situation, especially not with all that noise.

I finished up in the bathroom and grabbed a casual white cami top and a pair of my bright blue skinny jeans. Once I was dressed, I pulled on my boots and ran down the stairs. I walked through my cosy living room that glowed a subtle pinkish orange with the rising sun. Reaching the kitchen I swung open the wooden door of the cupboard, grabbing a breakfast bar and unwrapping it. I poured a glass of orange juice, drinking it fast, before taking a bite of the quick snack in my hand. Taking a glance at the clock, I placed the glass in the sink and grabbed my keys.

I felt my energy for the day beginning to kick in on the drive to the garage. Upbeat music now blasting through the sound system, as I steered my truck through the town and towards work. Just as I pulled up next to Jett's truck, I felt last night's nerves settling in again. Remembering the way he had acted around me last night was making me feel unsure of a few things by now. I hadn't spent much more time around him in the pub, he'd left early and I spent most of my time chatting with Angelique before I headed home myself. I took a deep, calming breath.

Just act normal, it's all fine. I told myself, opening the door and jumping out.

I locked up and walked inside, spotting Jett sitting in the office, the phone pressed to his ear. I walked on through, stopping in the changing room to pull on my coveralls, then flicked on the kettle, making us both a cup of coffee and taking it back out front.

By the time I resurfaced, Jett was done with his call. Now beginning the work on Callen's car.

"Here." I said, holding out the mug.

He turned around, the space between us now decreased, lifting his hand, and running it through his hair. He didn't look like his normal self this morning. His eyes were darkening as they found mine, his thumb was rubbing circles against the side of his index finger, in rapid movements.

"Thanks." His voice was husky and low.

He lowered his hand, taking hold of the mug, his fingers brushing against my hand and sending a rush of sparks along my arm. I felt the tension build as his touch lingered against my skin. It was like the air was getting thicker and heavier with every passing second. My blood began to heat and I felt my mouth running dry.

Well this is going well so far...

"You're welcome." I replied softly, my voice coming out as barely more than a soft whisper.

I allowed my eyes to wander, from his enchanting eyes, over his handsome face, and down his body. My mind began to race as I remembered the way he had done the same the night before. It was as if last night had kicked the breaks off between us. We had both opened up the door, now aware of the attraction that simmered between us.

"I erm, I should get started on..." My words drifted off as I gestured over my shoulder at the cars behind me.

He appeared to jolt back to himself at my words, taking the mug, his touch now removed from my hand.