Epilogue

Three Months Later

The sun was warm on my neck as I jumped out of the truck and joined Jett on the other side. The air smelled sweet and fresh from the rain that morning, I inhaled it deeply, taking hold of Jett's hand that he held out to me, before we walked towards the garage.

It had been a whirlwind of craziness the last few months, but in a good way. After being discharged from the hospital, Jett had insisted on me staying at his place. As I recovered, he came up with the idea to make the move permanent. It was a surprise at first, given how we'd not even been an official couple for that long. But life was short, and the close call of nearly losing one another was far too fresh to not listen to sense, and so, I agreed. We'd been living together happily ever since. The transition from being so independent was strange, for both of us, but we were making it, together. Jett had changed considerably since Holt's death, his personality was much brighter now that he hadn't got to worry about being hunted down. He wasn't exactly rushing to welcome everyone into his life, but he was no longer going out of his way to keep people at a distance. It was a beautiful sight to see, I was happy that things were getting better for him, and I considered myself blessed to be by his side.

"Okay, close your eyes." Jett said with a cheerful grin, turning towards me.

"What are you playing at?" I laughed as he released my hand and backed up towards the door.

"Wait and see, now stop being stubborn, and close your eyes." He teased.

I saw the happiness and the joy in his eyes. He was clearly excited about something, it was rather adorable to see. For a moment, I pictured the young boy from the photograph with his brother and parents, and my heart warmed. I closed my eyes and heard the metallic thunk of the door opening, followed by Jett's footsteps.

"Annnnnnnd... Open!" He called out.

Opening my eyes, my breath hitched and my eyes bulged. Sitting there in the bay of the garage was a gorgeous, sleek and shiny Five Seventy GT.

"Oh my god!" I gasped, charging forwards towards the car.

It was stunning in bright cherry red and black body work and black alloys. After the crash, the old car was beyond repair, and written off. It had put an end to our track days temporarily which we had missed since then, especially on our busy or stressful days. I'd had no idea that he was even looking for a replacement, let alone got one.

"You didn't tell me." I laughed, slapping him lightly on the chest.

"Well, it would have ruined the surprise a little." He smirked.

"It's stunning." I replied, running my hand along the cold, smooth wing.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and reached into his pocket, pulling out a little black gift box.

"I'm glad you like it." He smiled, handing me the box.

Taking it from his hand, I opened it. Sitting on a soft velvet cushion, was a car key attached to a car shaped keychain.

"It's ours. You have your own key, and can use it whenever you like." He whispered in my ear, pressing a kiss to my head.

I looked up at him in shock at such an incredible gift. He'd known how much I loved our track times, and how much I adored the car that was crashed.

"Seriously? I can't believe it! I-" I stammered. "Thank you."

Rising onto my tiptoes, I pressed my lips to his, then picked up the key, my finger tracing the silver car that was attached. Turning it over, I noticed the engraved message on the back.