Chapter 8 • Trust •

It had been one month after weirdmaggadon.
Everyone had seem to make a pack, if anybody questions what happened this five years they just say "i don't know."
But in reality it was harder, five years of torture. Five years of sorrow.
No human can forget that.

The Pines had to give an explanation as to why Mabel and Dipper haven't gone back for five years but sadly they found out their parents were sent to an asylum. They went to pick up the twins themselves and went into Gravity Falls. Seeing the chaos and havoc roam freely.
So Dipper and Mabel had to stay in Gravity Falls and have Stan watch over them.
Dipper and Mabel had their own rooms now. Not because they needed privacy, it's just that...

He wasn't trusted.

After weirdmaggadon Dipper had stayed in his room. For the whole month he hasn't gone out his room, he stayed in what use to be Ford's room. He wasn't trusted.
Mabel soon had enough and decided to check on Dipper, she slowly reached the room to hear small audible whispering coming from inside the room.
"I'm- no, I can't- you are- love you."
Mabel couldn't find sense in his words but knocked on the door.
Hearing no reply she knocked once more until the sound of feet shuffling across floor boards was heard.
The door creaking open, the room was dark,
"Dipper?" Mabel asked cautiously, pushing the door open.
She walked in, until she felt breeze hit her face.
Breeze?
There was no fan?
She looked for the lights and once she found them switched them on.
What she saw before her was unsettling.

There, there she saw her other half.
Sitting in his bed, a small red flame rolling up and down his arm.
A hole in the wall that seemed to be covered up by theories and papers.
Many green vines growing inside the room.
From those vines hanged liquids and dusts.
Books stacked near the hole, some seeming to be in languages she didn't know.
"Dipper?" Mabel stood frozen.
Dipper just starred as the red flame seeing it roll up and down his arm.
"Mabel?" Fords voice came from the hallway, soon she saw Ford in the doorway.
"What happened!" Fords eyes scanned the area and soon his eyes landed on Dipper.
"What did you do!" He grabbed Mabel and pulled her out.
Dipper just starred at the red flame. As if anybody around wasn't important.
And as Ford scanned across the room once more, there he saw four blue, silver books stacked on some thick vines. Ford slowly walked in and reached for the books before the sound of the bed creaking made him freeze.
"Don't touch those." Dipper's voice sounded deep and raspy. As if he hadn't talked in that one month.
Ford put his hands up and walked out the room, and stayed there until Dipper went back to the red flame.
"Mabel distract him." Ford whispered, slowly Mabel nodded her head and walked into the room.
Sitting down next to him, "Hey Dip-Dop," her voice caught his attention.
"I know what you must be going through is hard but we are here for you, don't worry." She lied between her teeth. She thought Dipper would be ecstatic that the demon was gone, now they were trying to find a way to get this demon side out of him.
Ford then coughed, signaling Mabel that the deed was done.
As Mabel walked out, she froze as Dipper spoke up to her.

"You've always been a bad liar." Mabel hurt, left the room and entered the kitchen to see Ford put down the four books that was in dipper's room.
These books looked like Fords journals and as Ford examined him, it clicked. These were the books Dipper had shown in the video.
As Ford scanned the first book, it was filled with creatures he himself never discovered, showing their weakness and use.
Mabel scanned through the second book. It was a book on magic Bill was teaching him.
Mabel read the little notes Dipper had left for himself.
She read them all.
When they both finished that, Ford got the third book, while Mabel got the fourth book.
The fourth book looked new, rusty but new.
As Ford was looking at all the maps and codes in the third book, Mabel had to ready different journals entires.
The first one starting a week after weirdmaggadon was over. She felt that it was wrong to read this but maybe she could help him if she knew what was wrong. So as she read each page, slowly tears dropped from her eyes.
Ford had taken notice and raised an eyebrow.
"He never specified a fourth book," Mabel looked up at Ford and looked down at the journal.
"Ya I guess he didn't have enough time to say."
"Than why are you crying?"
Mabel once again looked down at the page, at back at her Grunkle.
"I guess I just miss Dipper." Once again lying through her teeth.
She starred at the page, re-reading it over and over again. The same words memorized in her thoughts.

"5/15/17
Today Pacifica had forced me to eat, I guess I shouldn't have told her about the hole in the wall.
My magic helps hide it from the outside but the breeze still flows in. Pacifica has been helping me this past week. She's a good friend. I miss him. I miss him so much. I don't sleep, or a better word can't. So I just go out into the woods to search for something new. I've found many potion ingredients and salts. He would have been proud of how far I've come. Ford was right. I'm not his nephew. I'm not Dipper Pines. I'm accepting that now with him gone. The creatures in the woods say I have been "reborn" so they have given me a new name.
Alcor.
I like it, maybe I might change Mason to Alcor.
Alcor D. Pines. Or maybe Alcor D. Rephic.
After all, I still have my ring, I still have my memories, I still said yes, I still said my vows. And after everything, I still have this pain."
Mabel closed the book, what have they done?