Chapter 21 •Friendly Strangers•

Hello! My little demons and creatures of the night, I'm sorry this update took so long to post, and I want to give you the truth, not any lies, because you all deserve the truth.
I had lost inspiration...I didn't know how the story was going to go, I just started writing and writing what made since in my head, some things were planned, mostly about where the characters would stand with each other, but the story itself was off, I didn't plan nothing, but after a few writing tips from friends, two packets of sticky notes, and two full nights of coffee later, I had planned how the story would go, all I needed was to write it down, something I found equally as hard really, how to make it sound interesting. But enough if this, please enjoy the chapter!

The sounds of twigs snapping, and their harsh breathing was all the two women can hear. They have ran and ran, suddenly taking that random turn.

"OW!" Mabel looked back, panicked.

"keep going, keep going, a branch just ripped a piece of my shirt off, just keep going." Mabel nodded, Pacifica now running next to her.

Boom!

Pacifica and Mabel jumped out of their skin when they heard a gun shot near them, to close.

"I GOT A BIRD, PAPA!! LOOK LOOK"

"Atta boy!"

Two voices were heard, far, but if they ran they could ask for help, so that's what they did.

They followed the cheering of what they assumed was the father of the young boy.

"Help!"

Mabel and Pacifica can hear them go quiet.

Pacifica started to pick up her pace, "Please! Help us!"

They found a small clearing, a small boy was behind a tall man. He hurried towards the girls.

"What happened to you two?"

"Please my brother and my friend are stuck back, there was a man chasing us with a gun!"

The man looked surprised, "And I thought those shots were just someone huntin' or setting of fireworks near here."

"Please my brother is still out there. You have to help him."

The man just nodded, "First we help you two ladies first, I'll get a hunting squad to have a look out, but you two need to go to the hospital."

Mabel was looking at the forest, Pacifica had to practically force her with the man and his son.

--------------------

"Bill, Bill why are we stopping."

Dipper had taken the league whilst running, they were holding onto each other still until Bill started slowing down.

"I-" Bill's eyes were dark. "I couldn't say goodbye or i'm sorry...for all the shit I had to put her and-" he started to shake, as if it was a small earthquake was occurring.

Dipper's posture softened, "Bill, look at me."

Bill was starting to shake until his knees gave out, he stayed on the floor.

"Bill." Dipper was next to him, he was just taking him into a hug.

"Bill, no one could have seen this coming, not even a powerful demon. I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose Mabel. But Bill, we have to keep moving, please, I know it's hard right now, but please, don't let what your sister did, go in vain." Dipper was rubbing small circles on his back.

"Hello!"

Bill and Dipper looked towards the sound of the voice. Bill standing up, going in front of Bill.

"Is anyone out there?" The voice sounded close.

"Here!" Dipper stayed still when he saw a two men walk in front of them with two-what he thinks is loaded-shotguns.

"Are you alright? We had found your sister and your other friend, or at least your her brother, or I'm sorry to say you've been lied to all your life."

"No, yes, I'm her brother, please, we need to get to them."

One of the men just nodded while the other seemed to be scouting the area, "well come on, my trucks nearby I could help you and your friend out."

The quieter man walked off, while the other waited for the two to follow, Bill never letting go of Dippers hand.