Chapter Twenty Six

I called Siobhan later that night and told her the good news. She was really excited for me and promised me that she would do her best to make it to the show. I knew how badly she must've wanted to be here with me, not just as support, but as a contender herself. Although, none of us would stand a chance next to her.

After boot camp ended, we all got flown out to Marbella, Spain to one of Simon's houses. He was our mentor for our run. He gave us some great advice and I think we all worked incredibly hard and it showed. But by the time the first live show arrived, all of our improvements were set on the back burner because all of our doubts crept up. It didn't help that I hadn't had a chance to talk to her for a couple of weeks. My mum told me that she kept her in the loop but as show time approached, the only person who could calm me down was her and I couldn't get access to a phone.

I walked onto that stage not knowing how I was actually going to do. But throughout those few minutes, I knew for sure that on stage is where I belonged. For the first time, I felt like I belonged somewhere. I can't even describe the adrenaline rush we experienced. And it just kept going.

After the show, I found my mum and she handed me the phone to call Siobhan who immediately answered with a scream. At first I didn't know what she was saying but eventually she began saying legible words and phrases. She was so excited for me. She and her dad had gone to the pub where we'd met to watch, along with everyone else in town. She confirmed that no one was more excited than she was and she told me how proud she was of me.

My heart melted and ached at the same time. How the hell did I get so lucky? I had the girl of my dreams supporting me while I was chasing the stars. The only thing that could've made this perfect was if she was here chasing them with me. I knew she wanted to be but she still sounded unsure about whether she would or not. We talked for a few more minutes but she had to go so we said our goodbyes.

"Hey, Siobhan," I said before we hung up.

"Yeah?"

"I miss you. I've missed your voice. And you have no idea how much."

I could tell she was smiling when she said, "I've missed you, too. But you're doing it, Niall. And it's all going to be worth it. I'll see you when I see you," and she hung up before I could respond.

The next several weeks played out like a dream, I could hardly keep up. Each week we got better and better and the screams for us got louder and louder. It was unreal. We got to experience so many new things throughout the course of this adventure that I almost got lost in it.

For our week 5 performance we were singing "Kids in America" by Kim Wilde. Just before the show was supposed to start, I called Siobhan as had become our new ritual. A call before the show to calm my nerves and hear her voice. But this time, she didn't answer. I tried a few more times but still got no answer. I called her dad's shop but all he could tell me was that she should be at the pub getting ready to watch me. I was about to try again when we got called.

I tried to calm myself which I'm not sure worked but we went out there and we killed it. I was particularly happy because I got a couple of the solos which is probably why my nerves got to me. It hurt to be told that it wasn't vocally the best of the night but it didn't matter, we were on cloud nine.

As soon as the show ended, I grabbed my phone and called Siobhan again at the pub. The only person to answer was so drunk I couldn't even tell who I was speaking to. I kept asking for her and was practically shouting into the phone when I heard my name.

"Niall."

I turned around and nearly dropped my phone. There, standing in front of me, was the prettiest girl I had ever seen. A smile crept up onto her face as the breeze softly blew her even longer blonde hair into her face. I smiled and opened my arms just as she flew into them. Neither of us said anything. I just held onto her as tight as I possibly could as she began kissing my face. Before I could say anything, her lips found mine.

After what seemed like only seconds, we heard a cough from behind us. We stopped what we were doing and turned to see my mother staring at us, an interesting expression on her face. Oops, forgot she didn't know. And behind her were Louis, Zayn, Liam, and Harry, all also watching us and giggling.

"Have something you forgot to tell us?" Harry asked, as he watched my mother walk up to us. Siobhan slowly unhooked her legs which were around my waist and slid down off of me.

"And how long has this been going on?" My mum asked, her expression emotionless.

"Uhh, since June, after we got back from my audition," I mumbled. I held on to Siobhan's hand by a finger, unsure of what to do next. She looked nervous.

"I see," my mum said, continuing to have a bit of a blank expression. I was kind of disappointed. I thought she would be thrilled, to be honest. As if there's any other girl who is perfect for me.

I looked at Siobhan. I looked at my mum. I looked past her at the lads who were on the brink of tears from trying to suppress their laughter at this awkward moment. But then I noticed it. A small little smile appeared on her face. She took Siobhan's face in her hands and looked at her before revealing that smile and pulling her in for a hug.

When she let go, she looked at us both, "It's really about time, you two. Us old folks have known it for years. Just wish you would've told us." She gave me a hug and told Siobhan she'd be back at the hotel and to take her time.

I introduced her to the boys and we all went out for dinner before heading back to our house. We'd been doing these video diaries so Siobhan enjoyed quietly watching as we all made fools of ourselves for national television. Everyone seemed to like her which was cool. Once we finished that up, we made our way to my bedroom.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Louis shouted up after us as he then proceeded to make kissing noises.

I shut the door behind me and locked it. I felt her arms wrap around me as she planted a kiss on the back of my neck. I turned to face her and smiled.

"God, how I've missed you," I said.

"Same here, pal. Surprised?"

"Best one ever." I silenced whatever she was about to say with my mouth and we spent the rest of the night reacquainting ourselves.