Chapter Twenty Nine

Since we had a few weeks, we all went home for the holidays. I was welcomed back to Mullingar like I was some sort of hero, which was pretty cool, if you ask me. Everyone wanted to know what it was all like but all I wanted to do was sleep and spend time with my family and my girlfriend.

I had gotten home in time for our school's holiday dance. Yep, the same one that a year before had ended in such a disaster. I wanted to make it up to her especially since I had missed the fair that September, which I felt absolutely horrible about. It was the first time since I'd known her that I had missed it and it made me sad. It made me sad to think that there would be a gap in our timeline on our walls. So I decided to go all out for this dance.

For the first time as her boyfriend, I knocked on her door, flowers in hand. Her dad answered and called for her, a glint in his eye.

When she came out, despite wearing a torn up shirt and shorts with her hair haphazardly up in a ponytail, she looked stunning.

"Niall, hey," she said. "Why are you dressed like that?"

"I, uh, wanted to ask you something."

"Um, okay?"

I took the flowers I had behind my back and brought them to her, "I wanted to know if you'd be so kind as to allow me to escort you to the school dance?"

She looked at me and started to giggle, "Niall, that's so sweet. Of course, I will, silly!" She gave me a hug and took the flowers. "Although, I gotta say, way to wait til the eleventh hour." She smirked at me.

Her dad just watched, tears in his eye. I had never seen him so emotional than he had been lately. Her father was not a man of emotion. I guess he was just happy.

"Yeah, well, you know me, gotta do things differently. I'll pick you up at 7 for dinner beforehand. See you then." I went in to give her a kiss but her dad was still watching that I felt awkward and just lightly pecked her cheek.

That evening, I wore a dark, forest green shirt with black slacks. When I picked her up, she was wearing the same one-shouldered green dress that she had worn last year but instead of heels, she had on black converse shoes. She looked just as stunning as she had last year.

"Leave it to you to be the little oddball," I said, looking at her shoes and smiling.

"Yeah, well, I'm already taller than you, so I figured I would be nice," she smirked at me, "That way you don't have to stand on your toes to kiss me." An evil grin spread across her face as she made fun of me. God, how I had missed this.

We met Thomas at the gym again, despite his brother being an asshole, we stayed friends. Thomas had also apparently gotten into a fight with Devon about how he had treated Siobhan. But, according to her, Devon left her alone when he got back from summer camp that year and had gone off to University, so she hadn't even seen him. That made me feel good knowing that her ex wasn't trying to come back into her life while I had been gone.

That night was a lot of fun. Thomas had once again snuck in some liquor to which we proceeded to drink throughout the night. Once the dance was over, we all walked down the street back to our houses. Once we parted ways with Thomas, we slowly walked back to our houses, hand in hand.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the hometown hero," we heard from the darkness as Rory and Conor stepped into the street light.

"Jesus, you two still haven't grown the fuck up?" I asked, annoyed.

"Oh, you should be a little nicer to us there, Horan. We've been kind enough to keep an eye out on your girl, here. Make sure she's doing you right," Rory said, a smirk on his face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Well, you know how girls get, don't ya? They get frisky and come looking for things they can't get from someone else."

"Rory, shut the fuck up. You're drunk," Siobhan said.

"What's he talking about?" I asked her.

"Nonsense," she responded, "He just thinks he's been doing us a favor by somehow being my protector. Because apparently, unbeknownst to me, all the boys want me and they think they're protecting you and me from them. Somehow they think that makes them suddenly good guys."

"Huh?" I was too drunk to figure out what she was saying.

"Nothing, Niall. Let's just go," She grabbed my hand and we walked past them.

"Gotta say, Horan, not entirely sure how you got the girl," Rory said, "But damn if I ain't jealous." Rory then proceeded to rub himself through his pants and make obscene sounds.

I turned and said, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

He laughed, "Just thinking of your girl, there. And what it would feel like to have her pretty little lips on my dick. Aaahhh, just the thought of her mouth on me, her tongue licking up all of the cum I'd squirt on her face, just fucking makes me so fucking horny for her."

"Rory, that's obscene. Leave them alone," Conor said, trying to get his brother to stop.

But he was too late. I had let go of Siobhan's hand and ran into Rory, throwing him to the ground. Because he was just as drunk as I was, if not more so, I got quite a few punches in before he realized what I was doing. By the time he came to his senses, Conor had gotten me off of him and was trying to lead his brother away from me while Siobhan tugged on me.

"Stay the fuck away from her! Ya hear me! You ever come near her again, I'll kill ya!" I shouted after them as I was dragged down the street by Siobhan. Once I had calmed down, I looked at her and noticed she was crying. "Shit, Siobhan, I'm so sorry."

Through sniffles she said, "It's okay, Niall. You didn't do anything wrong. It just sucks because we were having a good night, a real date, and that asshole had to ruin it."

I stopped and pulled her in to me for a hug, "Holy shit, you're right, this is actually our first real date, isn't it? Fuck, I'm sorry for messing it up. I should've walked away from him."

She looked at me through the hug, "You didn't ruin it. You, once again, stood by me and stood up for me, like you always have. Kind of a turn on, really." She winked at me before giving me a kiss. "C'mon, take me home, my dad should be asleep by now." We got back to her house and she entered through her door. I was about to follow when she turned around with her finger up to her lips, "Go through the window. I'll let you in."

After she opened her window for me, I climbed in. I had done this many times before, but never while her father was there. It felt kind of weird but also kind of badass. I was about to have sex with my girlfriend while her father was in the house and it really turned me on.