Chapter Thirty One

The next morning I woke up with a loud pounding going on in my head. I started to rub my eyes and temples to relieve some pressure when I realized it wasn't my head but the door. I peeked through my fingers just in time to see Siobhan bolt upright at the sound of father on the other side of her bedroom door.

"Siobhan, why is your door locked?" He sounded angry. "Siobhan, are you in there? Answer me!"

"H-h-h-hold on dad. I'm here."

"Would you please open the door?" He asked, a little less angry sounding.

"Uh, yeah, hold on a sec," she turned to me for the first time and looked scared. She quickly shoved me off the bed and harshly whispered "Hide", while pointing in the direction of beneath her bed.

I looked at where she was pointing and then back at her. I shook my head no. There was no way I could fit under her bed. She looked around and then pointed to her closet.

"Siobhan, open the damn door!"

"Coming, dad. Sorry." She tossed on an oversized shirt while practically hurling me into her closet. Before shutting the door she tossed my clothes and shoes at me; none of which I successfully caught. Shutting the closet door, I could hear her open her bedroom door. "Sorry, dad. I didn't realize I had locked my door when I came in last night."

"Where's Niall?" I could hear him walk into the room.

"Niall? Um, at home, I gather," she said.

"He's not. His dad called me just a few minutes ago to ask if he had stayed here."

"Nope. He dropped me off last night."

"And you're sure he went home?" He began to sound less angry and more concerned.

"Uh, I think so. He didn't mention not going home."

"Well, he's not there. Would he have gone to his mother's house?"

"Maybe?"

"I'm sure his dad already called her though. Anywhere else he could've gone?" I could hear someone looking through stuff. "What's that smell?"

'Shit!' I thought. Siobhan and I had had a lot of sex last night, the room probably reeked of it.

"What smell?" she asked.

"I don't know. Geez, Siobhan, why are your sheets soaked?"

"I don't know. I guess I sweated in my sleep last night." There was a pause. Silence. I could almost feel eyes piercing through the door and into me. I gulped, afraid of what was about to happen next.

"Doesn't matter, do you have any ideas where Niall may have ended up?"

"Maybe Thomas'? I'll call him and ask. You need to get to work, don't ya, dad?"

"Yes, I do. I'll tell Bobby you're calling Thomas. You tell him as soon as you know, please."

"Of course. Mr. Horan shouldn't worry. I'm sure Niall is safe and sound asleep somewhere. Not much happens in this town to be afraid of."

I heard a little laugh, "Yeah, you're right about that. Alright, I'm off to work. Be sure to call Thomas straight away and, Siobhan?"

"Yeah?"

"I love ya, ya know that, right?" There was a slight sadness in the way he said that. A tenderness that made me realize I had never heard him say that to her.

"Of course, daddy. I love you, too. With all my heart." There was another silence, probably a hug. "Alright, daddy, get to work and let me call Thomas."

"Bye, sweetie. Have a good day."

"You, too."

I heard her bedroom door shut and tried to come out but I heard her whisper, "Not yet, let him leave the house first."

I waited a few more minutes before she finally opened the door. She took one look at me and laughed. I was standing there stark naked holding my shoes and clothes.

"Ha...ha," I said sarcastically, coming out of the closet.

She laughed even harder, "You just came out of the closet! Got anything to tell me, Nialler?" She continued to laugh and her face went red.

"Yeah, actually, I do," I said, as serious as I could be in the situation I was in.

"And what would that be?" she asked.

"I wanna ask how you're able to stand right now, let alone walk? I gave you quite a pounding last night," I cheekily grinned at her as I dropped my clothes and brought her body back to mine, planting a kiss on her lips.

She giggled, "Ha! Yeah, about that. I'm pretty sore." She continued to kiss me and played with my hair, "But I'm okay with it. I needed a good pounding. Been a naughty girl." She pulled away and gave me a coy wink.

I smiled at her. "When did you get so dirty?"

"About the time I started dating Devon." She looked at me, gauging my reaction. And then she laughed, "I'm kidding, Niall. I was dirty long before that. You just didn't notice."

"Well, I notice now and it makes me sad I didn't notice beforehand."

"Me too." She looked kind of sad when she said that but then she got all fake dramatic, "But you finally came to your senses and realized you can't live without me."

"Ha! I'd say the same for you, too, sweet cheeks." I kissed her again. I couldn't help myself, she was irresistible.

I gently pushed her down onto the bed, wanting to make this happen again and again and again. In the back of my mind, I knew I needed to get as much of her as possible. Once January got here, there was no telling when I'd be back. I ran my hand up her shirt before she stopped me.

"Niall," she whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I really am pretty sore. Gotta give it a rest for a bit."

I hung my head into her neck, knowing I was partially responsible for this predicament. "Damnit!" I got up off her, I couldn't stay between her legs and be un-turned on. "I guess I should get home. Apparently, my dad is concerned about me." I rolled my eyes a little. He knew damn well where I was and so did her dad. The only question was why he didn't rat me out.

I got dressed as she watched from her perch on the bed. As much as I didn't want to leave, I enjoyed it as she watched me get dressed. She couldn't take her eyes off me any more than I could take mine off her. It was a nice feeling - to be wanted.

I climbed out the back window so it would look like I had just walked back from Thomas' house. She leaned out the window and kissed me before saying, "See you later."

When I got home, no one was there. "Well, if he's so damned concerned he sure shows it oddly," I mumbled as I walked down the hallway and to my room, shutting the door before collapsing onto my bed and passing out.

The next time I woke up, there was someone shaking me awake. I mumbled to be left alone but then I heard my dad's voice, "Not even a little bit is that going to happen. Get your arse out of bed. Now!"

I quickly got up and got dressed. When I walked out into the living room, Siobhan was there sitting on the couch. My dad pointed to the couch and told me to sit. I sat down next to Siobhan and looked at her. She looked nervous.