Chapter Thirty Five

The next few months were quite chaotic, but a lot of fun. I was gone so much that I hadn't seen Siobhan since her graduation except through a computer screen. We released our first single and made a music video. All a lot of fun. We spent the next year promoting the album and recording another.

We had sporadic breaks which I did my best to make sure I got to see Siobhan. She had decided to not go to University just yet so her schedule was mostly open. A few times she was unable to meet me but most times I was able to fly her to me or me fly to her.

It took some time getting used to sneaking her in to whatever hotel we were in but she loved the chance to see the world. At first, we were both upset that we couldn't go out in public on our own but a few times we managed to go in a large group and not get caught. Mostly, the world she saw with me was from the inside of a closed off hotel room. Fans would find out where we were staying and camp outside, so even looking out the window together became undoable. Any place we flew her out to, if she wanted to play tourist, she had to do it by herself. 

It wasn't very fair, but she always came back with great stories to tell us about what she did that day. All of us lived through her day because it got so bad that it was basically airport, bus, hotel, bus, venue, bus, hotel, airport. None of us got to see the places we visited. But she did. And we always gave her money to get us little souvenir items and whatnot. And she always came back with the best things, especially food. She was excellent at finding out-of-the-way places to shop and eat.

She became quite close with Louis. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, the two of them got fed up with being cooped up and snuck out a few times to enjoy the city we were in. I know she had once tried to get me to sneak out with her but I guess I was too tired or too scared. I don't know why I didn't because I was the one who ended up missing out.

She and Louis created the memories that should have been done with me. She and Louis had the stories. She and Louis had the photos. I admit, it made me quite jealous of Louis. But, I also knew it was my own fault.

Somehow, throughout all the chaos surrounding my life, Siobhan and I managed to make things work for us. At least, we did, for a little while.