"I'd like to think i do"

BETH POV
It's currently our first game back after the euros. The week of training was tough. we had a strong opponent, Man united. they are a strong team that's a family on and off the field.

It started of as a normal day. Me and Daan got to the training ran. I moved in with her when we got back from our vacation. We got on the bus it was a pretty long drive especially when you have a little kid sitting next to you that's very impatient. And yes i just compared my girlfriend to a little kid. But can you blame me?

When we arrived at the stadium we started to train doing the usual drills preparing ourself for the game. I was nervous but the nerves left as soon as the first whistle blew. In truth, it was pretty disjointed in the first half, with Leah seeing the majority of the ball and probing for passes between the lines. We didn't get a breakthrough in the first half. They were the fresher team and played like it. But in the last ten minutes, the game became ragged and United tired and that's when We found some joy. Viv hit the post a minute before Daan's last gasp winner. I was so proud of her, this season might even be better than her last.

DAAN POV
After the game we went to all the Arsenal fans in the stands to take some pictures. I was looking for Beth after the game but couldn't find her. I decided to do my round alone, people are used to the two of us doing it together so this might get them to back off.  I was talking to a girl that was around 14, i took a picture with her and asked her some questions. When we were talking I couldn't help but notice Beth talking to this little girl and all i could do was look at her with love not realizing the stands where filled with actual people "You two are so cute" the girls said to me. Daan you need to get your act together. I just gave her a smile before working my way trough the line being met by Beth.

The only thing I could think of was Beth with the little kid. It was so heartwarming to see, i would like to have kids someday. I love how they run around in the garden and don't have a care in the world. Does Beth even want children. We never really talked about that. What if she doesn't? What will that mean for our relationship?

We were driving home and i still couldn't stop thinking about it. "Penny for your thoughts?" She asked me. "Huh?" "I just thought something was up" your not wrong. "We'll talk about it later okay?" I said she looked worried but just nodded.

NOBODY POV
when the girls got home Beth and Daan went in the kitchen and sat dow at the table. They'd rather talk on the sofa but it was taken by Viv and Lisa. Beth got up and made some chocolate milk for the two of them and got closer to Daan putting her arm around her waist.

D:"Beff?"
B:"mmm"
D:"do you want kids"
B:"i'd like to think i do"
D:"Okay"
B:"why?"
D:"just seeing you with kids today made my heart melt and I realized i wanted that later with my own but what if you wouldn't want kids"
B:"but i do so you have nothing to worry about"
D:"when?"
B:"I don't know Daan i'm only 23"
D:"i know"
B:"we still have time"
D:"let's make that count then"
B:"is that's what got you so upset in the car?"
D:"yeah it's stupid i know"
B:"it's not come her silly"

Beth pulled Daan into a hug and stayed like this for a couple of minutes until Lisa and Viv came walking trough the door. "Sorry we didn't know you were talking" lisa said. When Beth pulled away from Daan she noticed that her eyes were watery. "Daan liefie" and pulled her back in. "We'll leave you two alone" they walked out of the kitchen. "I'm sorry i was just so worried. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and i was afraid that if you didn't want kids that would ruin it" Daan said. "You can talk to me about anything darling so please do in the future, don't let it eat you up" Beth said letting Daan go. Walking back in the living room with Lisa and Viv their drinks that they forgot.

L:"everything okay girls?"
D:"yeah"
B:"yes"
L:"are you sure"
D:"yeah i was just getting over emotional about kids cause i'm on my period"
B:"too bad"
D:"huh?"
B:"i was going to comfort you"
V:"ughh🤮"
L:"Vivianne your the one to talk"
D:"oehh oehh oehhh"
B:"hih tell us"
L:"we were at my house, we invited all my friends over. You know how Viv is after a couple of drinks. This girl literally sat on my lap starts go grind on me and kisses my neck"
V:"eyyy that's not how it happened"
D:"😂😂😂"
L:"it was"
V:"no miss evans you kept looking at me and smirking,biting your lip and kept hugging me from behind everytime you walked past me"
L:"you were the one that sat on my lap"
V:"ohh come on you asked for it"
L:"i did come"
D:"haha"
B:"omg"
V:"but uhmn enough about that please. I'm trying to watch this"
L:"okay"

Daan and Beth headed to bed snuggling up onder the blankets together just looking at each other for a while, Appreciating one another. "How do you think things ended with jord and Leah?" Beth asked Daan. "I don't know we'll find out tomorrow" She said. Even though the girls had been back for over a week the topic hadn't come up yet. Both of them acted normal in training not showing any more affection than usual, or was that all an act? Daan thought. she knew one thing the Van de Donk detective office was open and she was ready to investigate.