:biting nails

D A Y O F   A R R I V A L
ᴮᵘᵗ ⁱᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵃˡʳᵉᵃᵈʸ ᵖᵃˢᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ⁱᵗⁱ ʸᵒᵘʳⁱˡˢᵉʳᵛᵒᵘˢˡʸ

August held her fingers to her mouth as she chewed upon the skin just low of her thumb on her right hand. With her left hand she gripped upon the veranda railing and looked far out into the landscape.

"Hey neighbour!" Shouted a goofy voice coming from the house just next door to hers, she hadn't expected to have to speak to anyone which is why she was so shocked by the call.

Nevertheless she angled herself a little more towards the voice and watched as a muscular tanned boy, with what looked like a loose chain round his neck, waved wildly her way.

Her thumb never left her exposed lip, but the other hand raised from the wood and saluted the boys way causing him to erupt with laughter.

"ETHAN! WE HAVE A NEIGHBOUR!" Grayson hollered towards his brother who was still setting his suitcase down in their holiday house and taking a leisurely look around the place.

Ethan scowled at his brother's stupid grin and reluctantly followed him out into the veranda which was when his eyes trailed up from his bare feet over quite a distance to where an anxious girl stood on her own.

The girl wore a bright red bikini covered by a thick beige knitted cardigan, which Ethan thought was questionable for the sticky heat that was around them.

"Welcome to Hawaii" the girl announced over the distance and Ethan chuckled, jumping onto the wooden ledge which he knew he could fall off of at any second.

"Ethan" he shouted back as a greeting.

The girl felt her teeth chomp through the skin on her thumb and her mouth filled with a copper taste knowing that she had most likely made it bleed.

"August" she responded back leaning forward on the veranda to look over their way and her stance changed from anxious to cocky in a matter of seconds.

Ethan glanced behind him and noticed that Grayson had already lost interest so expertly he balanced upon the ledge and leant forward to get a deeper look at August.

"You shouldn't bite your nails" he stated and August scoffed sending him her middle finger but she couldn't help but smirk as she did so.

"Don't tell me what to fucking do" she shouted over to Ethan who let a smirk appear on his face, he wasn't wearing a shirt because of how warm it was and August was more than entertained.

"Noted" he chuckled and she rolled her eyes and disappeared from his view, but for some reason he couldn't stop himself from smiling.