:mumbling

D A Y S E V E N
' ˢᵒʳʳʸ ᵈᵒⁿ' ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏ ᵐᵘᵐᵇˡᵉ

Ethan literally ran to catch up with August but without him noticing she'd powered quite far ahead. He'd shouted after her but she wouldn't turn around.

"August!" Ethan shouted again and this time the girl spun on her heels and stood looking at the boy, she felt completely vulnerable "what happened back there?"

Ethan as soon as he got into reaching distance of the girl pulled up her arm and settled her hand in his to soothe her.

"Nothing" she mumbled under her breath.

Ethan broke a smile, he knew he shouldn't because the girl looked so sad but he couldn't help it.

"What" she muttered again at his reaction and he brought his free hand to cup the girls cheek and force her to look his way.

"Mumblings a bad habit" he whispered and even though she hated him for saying it she let go of a small little giggle.

She pushed back his chest and told him to shut up but he knew that he'd at least gotten her to lighten up.

August began walking again and Ethan followed along, she unlocked her front door and he held it open for her and then without invitation, he followed her in.

"So who were they? Ex boyfriends? Adopted brothers? Convicts?" Ethan chuckled throwing around ideas.

"My drug dealers." August bluntly responded and Ethan paused in his position.

"Okay so my last suggestion wasn't that far away" he joked around watching as she freed from her knitted cardigan and placed it on the back of one of her chairs.

"We used to hang when I first got here. Me, Bane, Molokai, Kaleo and some others. Fucked around and got high, I abandoned them to get a job and haven't seen their sorry asses since"

August turned to Ethan with a brow raise and awaited him to judge her but he didn't say a word. Instead he stepped forward and made their bodies so much closer.

"Gus" he teased just as the drugged-up-men had called her and she rolled her eyes and put her hands on his chest to push him away but no force came down upon it and instead she let her arms rest on his pectorals comfortably.

"You can't call me that" she whispered but her eyes had fixated on his plump lips and she couldn't tear her stare away.

"What can I call you?" He questioned in an equally quiet voice "Auggie?" He asked and the girl giggled.

"No"

Ethans hands trailed to hold her at the small of her back, resting his arms upon her hip bone as he slowly closed in the space.

"How about Gust" he joked and the girl just shook her head in a complete trance, her hands had trailed up to hold the back of his neck just slightly tugging on the back of his hair.

"Doesn't sound right" she mumbled and then caught herself doing a bad habit, shaking her head and giggling.

"I think I've got it" he whispered very quietly and the girl leant on her tip toes just to hear it.

"Go on" she urged.

"Baby"

And as if the world was moving in slow motion the pair moved in delicately to press into a soft yet pressured kiss.

Ethan couldn't help but think that she tasted like the sweetest cherry and so he pulled her body in closer just so that he never had to part with the feeling.

When August pulled away her eyes turned big like saucers and she became speechless. She wanted to do it again but she didn't know if maybe it was just that they'd gotten carried away with themselves.

Maybe it was all just a big misunderstanding.

Ethan backed away and scratched the back of his neck.

"I must get back" he said guiltily but the girl smiled through the pain and nodded him on.

"Of course" she lied with no hints of her real emotion "have fun"

And then he left and August fell backwards on the sofa with a groan, oh why must he have been so goddamn good looking.