:letting fear stop you

D A Y E L E V E N
ᶠᵉᵃʳ ⁱˢ ᵉᵛⁱᵗᵃᵇˡᵉ, ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵃᶜᶜᵉᵖᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ, ᵇᵘᵗ ᶜᵃⁿⁿᵒᵗ ᵃˡˡᵒʷ ⁱᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵖᵃʳᵃˡʸˢᵉ ᵐᵉ

August looked across the veranda it was coming nearer to midday and for some reason she longed for her and Ethans usual comfortable silence or fun conversations.

She seemed to find herself thinking about what he'd say in situations and truthfully she knew it would just be him telling her that she had too many bad habits.

She had a lonely glass of orange juice in her hand a friendly alternative for her wine. She was sipping it sparingly and wondering whether the boy next door would have anything bad to say about it.

Maybe it was a bad habit to drink slowly.

Or a bad habit to squeeze oranges.

Maybe orange juice was a bad habit.

Or maybe August had just become so invested in Ethan Dolan that she'd make anything into a bad habit for him to only correct her and look at her with those doe eyes.

She wanted to see him again that's all and so she honestly stood there and contemplated climbing down her veranda despite her lack of skill.

Instead she decided on grabbing the rainbow cardigan she had thrifted and headed for the twins hut.

It took a few minutes for her to grow the balls to ring the door bell but when she did she didn't exhale until someone opened the door.

It was one of the boys they'd come with and he scowled for a few seconds before it clicked where he'd seen her before.

He called Ethan and the boy jogged, topless, to the door. As soon as he saw her a smirk appeared on his face.

"Missed me?" He questioned with a brow raise and the girl scoffed and drew her eyes away from his defined abs.

"I was wondering if you wanted to accompany me" she stated and the boy crossed his arms and waited for a further explanation "you're not finding out any further information" she said stubbornly and so Ethan growled.

"Fine. I was just about to come get you anyway, Grayson fell asleep on the floor" Ethan said nodding back into the house.

"On the floor?" August scowled and Ethan chuckled and repeated,

"Yes on the floor"

He grabbed a shirt from hung over a chair perched so close to the door, he slipped the material onto his body and looked at the girl with an amused sparkle in his eye.

"So what are we doing?"

August hooked her arms almost sarcastically with Ethans and began to walk him away from the hut.

"We're crashing a wedding" August smirked overly excited about her plans and Ethan scrunched his nose.

"Isn't that a bit close to home?"

August snorted at the comment and then nodded along agreeing.

To tell the truth the wedding they were crashing was being planned by Winnie.

And no, not the pooh.

Winifred Johnson, probably the biggest rival in August's life. Not only was she just as young but also probably had double the amount of ideas.

She knew where the wedding was taking place and she planned to sneak the boy into it, maybe cause some mayhem. She knew it was wrong but god did she hate Winnie.

"I was gonna climb up your veranda to get to you" August laughed "but instead I took the front door, seemed safer"

Ethan laughed and pulled the girl into his side with a tight squeeze.

"You know-"

"DONT SAY IT" August warned pointing her finger at him but he didn't even hesitate.

"-letting fear stop you is a bad habit"