:eating dairy

D A Y S I X
ᴴᵉʸ, ˡᵃʸ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵃⁱʳʸ. ᵘʰ, ⁿ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉˢˢ

"So Ethan Dolan" August started as they stood free from the coffee table and began a leisurely walk across the beach front. "Tell me about yourself"

Ethan almost stuttered with the pressure, the pair hadn't really spoken about their lives outside of their holiday because they'd been so busy living in the moment.

He'd enjoyed being impulsive, but he also enjoyed now the fact that she cared about his life and who he was.

"Well-" Ethan started not quite sure where to go first "I'm nineteen, I live in LA and uhhhh" he looked around for inspiration and then a light bulb hit him "and I'm dairy free"

August looked at him with a scowl, she was just glad that the coffee she had previously given him was black.

"Well aren't you fun" she replied sarcastically "how do you cope without dairy isn't it in everything?" She questioned and Ethan nodded kind of sadly.

Truthfully he did miss eating and drinking whatever the hell he wanted without having to check the label.

"It's a bad habit I had to break" he stated with a twitching smirk and she shook her head as if she couldn't believe him and his immense need to break bad habits.

"When's your birthday?" August asked the boy and he smiled thinking on to how he loved having a Christmassy birthday because he loved the snow.

"December the sixteenth" he beamed before turning to ask the same question to the girl.

August paused her strides to turn to look at him with a "duh" expression and he didn't catch on at all so she chuckled and began walking again.

"It's somewhere in August, hence the name" she stated "little orphan girl never got a name or a birthday" she laughed but it was kind of a sad one and Ethan began to pout.

"You seriously don't have a birthday?" Ethan asked with his mouth parted a little open in shock.

"Nope, I just know that every August that passes I add a year. My passport says the 23rd but I know they just made it up. Plus I didn't have anyone to spend it with so" she paused and looked at Ethan with furrowed brows, "I'm sorry that sounds so sad"

The girl laughed but Ethan was consumed with a deep sad feeling, it was one that made him want to apologise even though it wasn't his fault.

"So what do you do" she questioned trying to move the conversation on.

Ethan paused and thought about his answer, he let the sand between his toes soothe him and he turned to the girl who had spotted their huts just ahead of them.

"I make videos, so I guess you could call me a director or a creator or... whatever."

Truthfully Ethan could've said exactly what he did and August would've had no idea. She'd never watched YouTube or not the entertainment side at least, sometimes at a stretch she watched an old woman teach her how to arrange flowers but that was it.

When they came to the path which both their huts lead to, they paused and Ethan was sure he was going to make a move and kiss her goodbye but he stalled and ruffled his hair instead.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Ethan questioned and a smile appeared on August's face.

"Yes" she looked at her feet and back up "yes I'll see you tomorrow"