:checking social media

D A Y   T H R E E
ᵗʰ ˢᵒᶜⁱᵃˡ ᵐᵉᵈⁱᵃ ⁱˢ ᵖᵃ ᵃᵗᵗᵃᵃᵇˡᵉ ᶜᵗᵘʳᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗⁱᵒ

"Good morning" August greeted Ethan as he sluggishly pulled himself up onto the veranda, she knew she was over compensating because of how bad she felt but it didn't make either of them feel any better about themselves.

August looked at her phone screen, the wallpaper for both the home screen and the lock screen was just black and slowly she slipped it across the counter to Ethan.

Wearily he looked at the darkness and scowled towards her, she knew he wanted to ask questions but didn't know how to start things so desperately she began to talk,

"I have a bad habit of checking my social media's constantly" August admitted and the boy nodded but didn't make a sound "you look shattered" she bluntly said and Ethan looked up at her.

"I am" he replied with equal bluntness.

"My beds back there" August nodded towards a closed door "there's a fan in there too so you won't get too warm" she laughed and scratched the back of her neck.

Ethan thought about it but shook his head and looked at August with sad eyes,

"We said we'd hang if feel too bad if I just slept the whole time" he chuckled suddenly lightening up, he noticed that she was wearing denim shorts and a bikini top which was probably the most normal outfit he'd seen her in.

"We can watch a movie? I have a tv in there" she suggested "I can pick it and you can sleep and we can just pretend I have a bad taste in movies" August laughed but honestly she just knew that the boy needed to lay down otherwise he was about to pass out.

Ethan smiled and nodded, agreeing to the deal.

"But" she smirked holding up her finger "I do have impeccable movie taste so don't even try"

Ethan held his hands up in defence and the girl laughed, grabbing his wrist and pulling him towards her bedroom where she out spread her arms and welcomed him.

The boy looked around in awe, she took pride in her walls, all of them perfectly painted. It was then obvious that she was quite the artist. He noticed that she was blushing just at the attention he was paying it.

He crawled up to the headboard after being instructed to do so and the girl followed him at an arms length part from each other the pair readied their selves for August's movie of choice.

"If I fall asleep you promise no social media" Ethan asked and August couldn't get over the way his hair ruffled, she wanted so badly to run her hands through it but refrained herself.

August presented her pinky and they hooked each other's with their own.

It was possibly seconds before Ethan knocked out against her pillows, cuddling one fully down his body like he was spooning someone.

August guiltily thought about the pillow being replaced by herself and although she really did think she had an addiction to checking her social media's, just his presence next to her made her content enough to not even make a second glance to her cell.