:trusting people

D A Y T H I R T E E N
ᵀʰᵉ ᵇᵉˢᵗ ʷᵃʸ ᵗᵒ ᵒᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃᵗʳᵘˢᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵇᵒᵈʸ ⁱˢ ᵗᵒ ᵗʳᵘˢᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ethan told Grayson that for one last day he needed to go see August, it was nearing the end of their two week vacation and he'd been practicing all night on how to tell her.

However, the second the boy made eye contact with the girl he couldn't even bring himself to open his mouth and tell her.

He knew it was bad and he should've and that guilt would eventually eat him whole but nevertheless he stayed quiet and hoped that their last day together would be memorable.

They hadn't planned to do anything and he wondered if subconsciously she knew though the pair never spoke about it.

August slipped on a bikini and the pair headed down to the beach unknowingly for the last time, Ethan bought her a coconut and they giggled about it for a good twenty minutes.

"It really is beautiful here" Ethan said in awe as he, hand in hand with August, pulled her towards the sea.

It was so crystal clear that they could see their toes in the sand as the advanced towards the waves.

Ethan bravely dived into the water crashing against a wave and emerging seconds later to move aside his damp and floppy fringe.

August followed behind keeping her head above the surface as she swam deeper into the water so that she then met with the boy.

Ethan hauled her body onto his lap by gripping both thighs and August allowed him to do so, they bobbed up and down in the water taking in the fresh air and the calming motion.

"Hey August-"

Ethan began but the words got choked up in his throat, how was he about to tell the person who he thought he had finally got feelings for that he was leaving.

It nearly broke his own heart just thinking about it because deep down he knew that August was much more than just a holiday romance or whatever his brother and the boys were calling it.

Not seeing her adorable smile and not stopping her bad habits was going to be a challenge back home in LA and he seriously doubted if he could do it.

Maybe he could fly her out with him?

But then she'd lose her job because she needed to be in Hawaii to have as many customers as she did.

"Ethan?" She questioned snapping him out of his day dream "you said my name" she giggled moving a piece of hair away from his eyes.

Ethan didn't even know he was saying it until it passed his lips and by then it was too late to un-hear it.

"August I love you"

Those four words circled around in the girls head and her heart began to pound, she wanted to say it back to him but every time she tried to speak she fell over her words and didn't know quite exactly how to respond.

"Y-you do?" She finally stuttered out in disbelief and the boy nodded taking the side of her cheek in a cup with his own palm. It drove her crazy when he did that.

"Do you believe me?" He asked and the girl nodded "you trust me?" He asked in disbelief and the girl nodded again much vigorously.

The couple met with a deep kiss and August felt as butterflies erupted through her stomach and she had to part from his lips to catch her breath.

She wanted to tell him she loved him too but it's a good job she didn't because maybe that would've hurt more.

She shouldn't have trusted Ethan Dolan, especially not when he said he loved her.

Fuck maybe that was another bad habit she had, trusting people. But she really wanted to trust him because that meant for once someone cared about her, someone loved her.

But instead he left her just like everyone else.