:smoking

D A Y   F I V E
ˢᵐᵒᵏ ⁱˢ ʰᵃᵗᵉᶠᵘˡ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉᵒˢᵉ, ʰᵃʳᵐᶠᵘˡ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇʳᵃⁿ, ᵈᵃᵍᵉʳᵒᵘˢ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵘᵍˢ

Ethan snuck onto the veranda in a loose shirt and his boxers, his usual sleep wear. He did it on purpose because he hoped that it peaked the interest of August.

He was right, it did, but she never said anything because if she did then he'd have the possibility of knowing that she was kind of falling for the boy next door.

As cliche as it sounded.

The boy was met with the salty winds coming up from the tides just across the way and the way it hit his face made him feel fresh and free. He stroked his hand over the veranda ledge and finally allowed his eyes to flicker over to August's house.

He surprisingly wasn't met by her eyes and instead could only see her side profile as it leaned over the ledge and stared out onto the landscape.

August brought the cigarette, she held between her index and middle finger, to her lips and inhaled. Through her lips she bellowed the smoke into the sky, tipping her head back to do it towards the veranda ceiling.

Ethan watched as she did so, he hated smoking the smell corrupted his mind and the effects kept him far from it, but for some reason her doing it was so attractive.

He was so sure that their small time apart had sent him insane and that his body now craved her.

He lowered himself off of his own veranda and took the usual route to her house through a bit of a wooded area until he got a grip upon her own veranda and with his strength pulled himself up.

August was that occupied with her cigarette and de-stressing from the earlier conversation that she hadn't noticed Ethan's presence.

Ethan snuck behind her and impulsively placed both his hands around her body and upon the ledge she was leant on, August jumped back into his chest and then her nose was engulfed in his cologne and she knew it was Ethan.

He looked down at the cigarette and he didn't even need to say anything she just blushed and flicked the butt below the veranda into the wooded area.

"Bad habits" she mumbled turning to face him, she noticed that they were almost nose to nose their breaths mingling with each other's.

"When I planned to tell you to distract yourself instead of punching walls I didn't mean like that" Ethan chuckled, he didn't even mind that he could smell the smoke on her lips.

"What did you mean like?" she smirked, biting her bottom lip, for some reason the boy seemed eager for something other than a break of bad habits.

Ethan was so close to turning his head to press their lips together but before he could even move his hand comfortably to her waist there was a call,

"ETHAN?" It was Grayson's call from their veranda Ethan ducked from the boys view and rolled his eyes in frustration knowing he'd need to head back even though he'd been so close.

So fucking close.

"Come out with us tomorrow?" Ethan asked the girl who almost choked on her saliva she looked at his hopeful eyes and nodded.

"Sure"