:sleeping in

D A Y S E V E N
ⁱʳᵉᵈ ᵈˢ ᵈᵒⁿ' ᵖˡᵃʷᵉˡˡ. ˢˡᵉᵉᵖ ⁱʳˢᵗ, ᵖˡᵃˡᵃᵗᵉʳ.

August's ears filled with a soft hum of music from outside, she was in bed and her eyes were still shut.

Maybe the music was coming from a rowdy group of teenagers new to the beach... or maybe...

"Hundred bands in my pocket, it's on me. Yeah, your grandma will probably know me"

or maybe the music was coming from inside her house.

Just as her eyes were going to flutter open, her bedroom door bursted open and the music suddenly became so much louder and something heavy landed on the bed.

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" Shouted a familiar voice.

It was Ethan he'd climbed up through the window, had made the girl breakfast and waited for her to awaken. Only that she hadn't woken until past midday.

"AUGUST! WAKE UP!" Ethan shouted bouncing up and down on her bed and with a grumble August allowed her eyes to flutter open.

"Who allowed you in" she asked groggily rubbing her eyes and Ethan didn't respond he just had a big smile across his face like he was proud of himself.

"I made avocado toast for you!" He said proudly "but then you slept till half one in the afternoon and now I don't think you deserve it" he teased.

August sat up and crossed her arms, with a pout and Ethan couldn't help but think how childish she looked in her oversized shirt with her moody face expression.

"Well you have ten seconds before I eat it" he threatened with a smirk and the girls eyes widened as he started his count down.

At first she thought he was bluffing but as he got to eight he stood from the bed and she panicked, launching herself at the boys back and clinging to him like a sloth.

He tried to knock her off but August clung for dear life as he hurtled her around the room and then she dropped herself and with great speed she ran round the table and snatched the toast.

"AH HA!" She cheered in victory as she bit into the toast he had made, it was cold but that wasn't the point- she'd won.

"It's a bad habit to wake up late" he stated seating himself on a bar stool and the girl scoffed because she was certain that she had been waking up earlier than the twins.

Ethan turned off his music, satisfied and gave the sleepy girl an admiring look. Somehow even in her night time attire she looked gorgeous and Ethan wanted so badly to see her like that every morning.

"So what's on the agenda today, superman?" She teased and Ethan scoffed at the nickname.

"We're having a beach bonfire tonight and I came over to invite you. The boys made loads of friends without me apparently so there's gonna be a lot of them" Ethan sighed he kinda felt a little left out by the boys but he couldn't complain because he got to spend more time with August.

And he liked spending time with August.

"Okay" she agreed much to Ethan surprise "I'll come but only if you don't leave me"

Ethan smirked as if he knew already that he wouldn't leave her side, he extended his hand for a shake and she took it in her tiny dainty hands.

"Deal, Sunshine"