:not trusting people

D A Y T E N
' ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒᵗᵒ ᶠᵒʳᵍⁱᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ, ᵇᵘᵗᵒᵗ ˢᵗᵘᵖⁱᵈ ᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵗᵒ ᵗʳᵘˢᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃᵍᵃⁿ.

"Not trusting people is a bad habit you know" Ethan reminded and the girl punched his arm.

"I just don't trust you!" August shouted back and Ethan folded his arms moodily "CAN YOU BLAME ME YOU DROPPED ME THREE TIMES"

The unconventional and unofficial couple had gone rock climbing but not the safe version with harnesses, no, August had taken Ethan to a literal cliff edge.

"ARGH IM SORRY" he shouted back at her and the girl creased in half. They'd stopped on a high up ledge they'd managed to climb to.

Ethan was supposed to stop every few ledges to help the girl up but every time he offered his hand he ended up not getting a tight enough grip on her.

She looked at her grazed knee and pointed at it with wide eyes,

"You made me bleed!" She shouted and Ethan bear hugged her onto the ledge apologising again and again on loop until the girl was giggling and telling him to get off of her.

"Please tell me we're not going any higher" Ethan almost begged looking at the girl who smirked and then broke a little giggle shaking her head,

"No, you baby" she teased going into a british accent as she said, "we're not going any higher, don't get ur knickers in a twist"

After giggling for a bit Ethan shuffled over to August and extended his arm for her to nuzzle into his side and on the ledge they sat and watched the waves in the distance as they crashed upon the shore.

"Do you ever miss New Jersey?" Ethan asked August and she smiled up at him and nodded.

"I miss the way fall looked" she stated and Ethan couldn't stop himself from beaming, he squeezed the girl tighter in his arms and nodded.

"Yeah" he sighed "so do I" he paused again and looked at August she'd grabbed his hand and had begun to play with his fingers which was a small gesture but it made him feel safe.

"You miss your parrot?" August jokingly asked and the boy rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Yeah I miss our Giz"

The pair sat in silence until Ethan suggested getting off the ledge to go back home, and maybe to stop for food on the way and the girl with her already grumbling stomach agreed.