Father you never had

After dating for several years, SeungHyun had asked you to marry him and you said yes of course, everyone was happy for you two except for one person and that was your 11 year old son, Yong-sun. Yong-sun started being rude to you after telling him the news and it honestly broke your heart, hate seeing you upset and not wanting to deal with Yong-sun's attitude, SeungHyun decided to talk to him but it quickly turned ugly as shouting began.

"You may not be happy with the news of our engagement but that gives you no right to be rude to your mother!". SeungHyun saids angrily.

"You can't tell me what to do, You ain't my daddy!". Yong-sun shouts at SeungHyun, again your heartbreaks.

"Oh yeah? Well where his punk ass at then?". SeungHyun saids.

Yong-sun opens his mouth to say something but words fail to come out, he sits on his bed and SeungHyun grabs his desk chair to look him eye to eye.

"Listen yong-sun, I came here to rescue your momma, I'm her knight in shining armor. Imma change her life and since I got you, I love you like I love her so I'm gonna change your life too young man so here's the deal, we can have a cordial relationship or I can be the dad you never had if you want me to be or you can try and figure this out yourself". SeungHyun saids.

Yong-sun wipes some tears from his face as he lets SeungHyun's words resinate in him, SeungHyun takes a deep breath to calm down.

"I promise to be a good father for you Yong-sun, only if you want me to be". SeungHyun saids.

SeungHyun gets up from the chair and walks out of Yong-sun's room, he sees you standing in the hallway and puts his hands on your arms, he wipes your tears.

"I'm sorry for rising my voice at him but I had to get my point across somehow". SeungHyun saids.

"It's okay SeungHyun, did you really mean all that?". You ask him.

"I do y/n but it's up to him, not me". SeungHyun saids.

You nod in agreement and SeungHyun kisses your forehead, You two embrace in a hug and you feel SeungHyun sway you a little, you were happy to be marrying a firm yet patient man like SeungHyun.

*When Yong-sun is 14*

It's been three years since you and SeungHyun gotten married and you two have since welcomed a little girl who's a year old, Yong-sun eventually came around to the marriage and apologized to you about being mean, he's also gotten close to SeungHyun who kept his promise about being a dad to Yong-sun. Your life is better then ever now and today Yong-sun turned 14, you couldn't believe your little boy was growing up, Yong-sun walks into the kitchen where you had a special breakfast prepared for him.

"There's the birthday boy, happy birthday sweetie". You said kissing Yong-sun's cheek.

"Thank you momma, hey dad". Yong-sun saids.

"Yeah bud?". SeungHyun saids.

"For my birthday, do you think that maybe..I can change my name?". Yong-sun asks.

SeungHyun looks up from his newspaper and he takes his glasses off, Your daughter starts whining so you take her to feed her.

"Change your name? Like your last name?"

"Yes"

"You want to be a Choi?"

"I do dad."

SeungHyun feels his eyes start to feel up with tears so he quickly blinks and stands up from the table, Yong-sun walks up to him.

"We can change your name son". SeungHyun saids.

Yong-sun smiles and he hugs SeungHyun, SeungHyun hugs him back and pats his back proudly, wiping a stray tear away.

"I love you dad"

"Love you too son."