𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 1 - 𝓐𝓼 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓮𝓼

Levi's POV

Paper work, Paper work and more paper work. God I hate it. Eyebrows or should I say Erwin makes things so complicated these days. Why can't he just make me do one report that easy for once?

I looked out of my window and saw that it was almost dark. I sighed wondering when we was going to be free from these walls. Free from those disgusting creatures called Titans. They mercilessly take away peoples lives for their own hunger. To us they are the prey and we are the hunters. Same goes for them, us the prey them the hunters.

I stood up from my chair and headed down to the mess hall to get some tea and food.

When I arrived I saw my squad sat down at the table all waiting for me. Once I entered they all saluted. I told them to be at ease.

I was sat there drinking my tea until I heard Petra say something.

"Captain have you heard from Corporal Maya? I heard that she was going to be back soon"

"Not that I know of Petra. All I know is that she was sent outside the walls to try and gather more information for Hanji and her squad accompanied her for safety and for research purposes."

The person that Petra is talking about is Corporal Maya Jones. She has her own squad that is equal to mine with being the best in battle. She also shares the title with me of "Humanities strongest", she is almost better than me when coming to kill titans.

People call us the "Strongest Duo". Why? Because when these Brats get their selves into trouble its mine and Maya's job to save them. We got the title by working together after my first expedition. After unfortunate circumstances which i'm not going to talk about.

Maya has been gone for a month now. Nobody has heard from them. Its hard to predict if her and her squad are still alive without proper proof.

Then I realised that I was day dreaming and wasn't paying attention to my squads conversation until Oluo snapped me out of my trace.

"Sir are you okay? You seem a bit on edge"

"Huh? Yes I'm fine. Erwin is taking us on an expedition soon in about three weeks" I say with a bored expression on my face.

"Seriously we went on an expedition about a month ago there's no way we are going to come back with the same amount of soldiers like we did last time." said Gunther

"What happens if the Corporal doesn't make it back in time? Without her we have no chance of keeping the amount of deaths down." sighed Petra

I just ignored her question and went into deep thought. What if they're right? What would happen if Maya and her squad don't make it back in time?

I try to Push the thought out of my head and continue drinking my tea.

Once me and my squad had ate our food I dismissed them and told them to get some rest and meet up at the training fields at 8am sharp for combat training.

Timeskip - Morning

"Morning Captain Levi Sir!" Chanted my squad in unison along with doing the signature salute.

"Morning Brats today we are going to be doing more combat training to test our physical endurance before the up coming expedition. Its crucial that we start training harder i don't want my squad to become titan fodder just because you brats made a mistake causing you your lives" i say with a bored yet intimidating tone.

"Do you understand soldiers?"

"Yes Sir!"

"Alright get to it. If any of you Brats even think about slacking off its one week on stable duties. Got it? If you need me i'll be in my office try not to disturb me cause Erwin's doubled the amount of paper work."

I walk off to my office to complete the paper work that Eyebrows has requested (more like demanded me to do).

I take a seat at the desk and start writing. After an hour of competing a stack of paperwork I look out of my window and peered down at my squad doing that was doing laps around the training field. I spotted Oluo talking to Petra, clearly distracting and slowing her down.

I get up from my seat and head down to the field.

"Cadet Oluo!"

"Yes Captain?"

"Since you was too busy talking to Cadet Ral you have one week of stable duties do you understand me?"

"Yes Sir..."

"Good. Now that, that's cleared go and wash up. Your all covered in sweat and its disgusting."

Now to head back and have a sleepless night of doing paper work...