𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 3 - 𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓼 𝓭𝓸𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓹

By the way Eren is already in the scouts sorry that he hasn't been mentioned

Erwin's POV

I'm sat down at my desk getting ready for the upcoming expedition. I have already planned the formation and I am proud of it.

I was too busy wondering about the formation and didn't hear the person at the door.

"Commander Erwin Sir!" said the Cadet whilst doing the salute.

"At ease soldier, what's the matter?"

"Sir, the squads are ready to head out of the walls for the expedition"

"Okay thank you cadet Moblit, go back to Hanji and tack up"

"Yes Sir!"

So the day has finally arrived then huh? I pray that you are safe out there Maya.

Inside the gate - Nobody's POV

All of the cadets were in their squads.

Scared to the core.

Wondering if this is their death day.

Wanting to stay inside the walls.

Terrified.

They were all shaking and preparing for the upcoming battle ahead of them.

Erwin has started his speech about humanity and bravery. Trying to calm the cadets nerves.

People knew that there were going to be more deaths than last time.

They were all praying that Squad Maya was going to be back soon.

Next thing you know the gates were opening.

Welcoming the soldiers to deaths doorstep.

Hundreds of hooves galloping forward into no-mans land.

A world full of prey and predators.

Levi's POV

As the gates were opening I told Eren to stay close to me because it was my job to look over him to make sure the brat didn't go Titan on us.

I couldn't help but wonder what we were up against.

Flashback

"Remember if you're in trouble, I'll be there"

"Maya its not about if I'm in trouble. I'm not the one that going outside the walls with her squad to gather more information about titans. Your the one that's going to be in trouble Brat."

"Levi we both don't share the title of humanity's strongest for nothing. I'll be fine you should know that by now" She giggled lightly, placing a hand on my shoulder in comfort. 

"You better come back."

"You know I will, can't leave you alone now can I?"

Flashback over

We were heading into the forest because that's the safest spot in the formation. We had that spot because we have to keep Eren safe even if it costs our lives.

Whilst heading into the forest a cadet had a message to pass on down to the other troops.

"Ral you heard the man go"

"Yes Sir"

The rest of the squad were just having casual conversation but I had to keep reminding them about the mission at task.