𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 25 - 𝓐 𝓰𝓻𝓾𝓭𝓰𝓮 𝓸𝓻 𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓬𝓽

Levi's POV
She passed out into my arms and then one minute she vanished. What the hell is happening? Right when everything had calmed down.
I was finally happy again. The love of my life returns to me, I ask her to be my girlfriend and she accepts and now she vanishes. Maya wouldn't just go would she? No... She'd have a reason and talk to me... that's what always happened. Ever since she was younger she would tell me everything that had happened in her day.
It just doesn't make sense.... I have to speak to Hanji about this

Hanji's POV
I was sat down at my desk trying to finish of reporting and recording my latest test on Eren. I was really tired because I had been working all night so I laid my head in the desk. My eyes were feeling droopy so I took off my glasses and placed them beside me.

I shoot my eyes and so could feel myself falling to sleep. All of a sudden there was a loud thudding at my door causing me to bolt up from being scared. My paperwork sent flying all tumbling to the ground after air left them organised for once in my life. I awkwardly sighed and walked to my door.
I unlocked it and opened it revealing a stressed Levi.

"Hey shorty what's brought you here early in the morning?" I asked in curiosity his brows furrowed showing he was pained.

"Hanji I need your help... It's Maya she's gone" I started at him for a few moments before getting what he said. My eyes widened out of shock.
"She wouldn't just leave out of nowhere Maya isn't like that. Tell me from the beginning what happened because I'm sure there is a story behind this right?"

"Yeah there is and that's the thing I don't know what happened. One minute I wake up and find that's Maya's not next to me so I sat up in bed looking for her. Then she came out of the bathroom fully dressed. I gave her a hug and next thing you know she puts a hand on her head signalling that she's in pain. I asked her what's wrong but I got no answer from her, then she suddenly fell onto her knees and collapsed and that's when she vanished out of my arms" He told me.

I sat there with my brows furrowed. What could've caused her to vanish out of nowhere? That's what I don't understand. Non of this happened before...

"I don't understand exactly what has happened here, but I do have an idea of what could've caused her to suddenly vanish."

He stared at me for a minute trying to process everything before he finally spoke up. "If she vanished out of thin air then that could only mean one thing..."

"Magic? Is that what you were going to say because if it were then your may be exactly right. Nobody can just vanish without some kind of mythical reason behind it. I wonder if someone made her disappear on purpose"

"Like who though? We don't know anyone with magic..." He answered timidly. I could tell that he was worried about Maya and it broke my heart to see him like this.

"Maybe but remember this. We didn't even know that Maya had these sort of powers until she got given the command from Erwin. So if you think about it this person could just be hiding in plain site like Maya did."

"Yes that does make sense though who would want to do that? Maybe someone holds a grudge against her."

"I don't know... Let's go speak to Erwin about this. He knows about Maya's power more than we do. He's our bet." I announced. I looked at him and nodded, he returned the gesture. I put down all of my thing's and we made our way to Erwin's office to discuss the previous events that had recently just taken place. 

Cordilia's POV
She just laid there with no emotion in her eye's. I could tell that she was in pain but that wasn't enough for me. I want to see her on the ground experiencing her death all over again but in many different way's shapes and forms. She chuckled softly knowing that I was soon going to be the queen of the under world. I had longed for that moment for my entire life but I knew that it was still going to take time for me to finally achieve my goal.

I heard the sounds of coughing and noticed that she was slowly starting to regain control over her own body. I sighed knowing that it wasn't going to be easy corrupting her and making her do something she wouldn't want to do. I opened the cell door, went into the cell and headed over to Maya.
I grabbed a fist full of her hair and pulled her close to my face.
"Stop trying to fight my spell. All because you agreed to become my slave doesn't mean that you can defy me. Now it's time for your punishment. You've rested long enough I'm starting to get bored of just whipping and electrocuting you so how about we spice things up!"
I let her go and walked off her to the stack of torture devices.
What a fun day this is going to be... I smiled like a maniac and went back to choosing the device to make Maya suffer...
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Let me know if you've enjoyed the book so far x