𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8 - 𝓦𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼

Levi's POV

It had been a few hours since I carried Maya back to the wagon and she still hasn't woke up. I'm starting to get worried. What if she doesn't wake up? What if she dies in my arms? I shook my head and told myself to stop thinking negative thoughts. But at the back of my mind I knew that they would still remain there no matter how hard I try to avoid thinking about it.

I look over at her to find her wrapped in bandages all over her stomach area from where the branch stabbed her. I couldn't help but get a feeling of sadness wash over me.

"Oh Maya don't you see what your doing to me? Wake up soon please I beg you..."

Maya's POV

Whats happening? All I can see is darkness...

Levi where are you?

I suddenly got the urge to sleep as the tiredness pulled me in deeper practically begging me to stay there longer. I can't remember what happened to me. My memories are very cloudy, all I remember is fighting a titan and seeing bodies all around me. From there I think something bad has happened to my body.

As I kept thinking I could hear mumbles of something that I presumed was a voice. But who's?

"Maya, come back to me now..."

There was only one voice that would say that.. .

Levi!

I couldn't feel any movement in my body until I could get a bit of my hand to move. Hopefully to signal him that I'm fine.

"Wait her hands moving! Come on Maya wake up!"

I kept trying and trying until I could finally open my eyes.

I shot up and collided with something which was very muscular.

"Maya your finally awake!"

"Huh? Oh long time no see Levi!" I commented sarcastically only to be greeted with a tremendous amount of pain in my abdomen.

I screamed in pain and threw my head onto Levi's chest.

"Hey, careful you got stabbed by a branch in the woods so your going to be in a lot of pain righ now so just lay back down okay?" I just nodded my head to let him know that I understand. "Can you remember anything?" he hinted with curiostity.

"No I don't think so-" Just then all of my memories flooded back into my brain. I remember looking at all of the bodies around me, all of those bodies caused by me because I gave the order to engage in battle. If only I sent them back to the walls with Eren none of this would have happened. I didn't know what to do, I just laid there staring into Levi's steel-blue eyes. I could see that I had caused him a lot of worry. I'm a failure to my squad, I let two of my best fighters die in a battle that non of us saw coming. Not only that but I managed to get Levi's squad killed too. All of the lives that were lost today was all of my fault. I'm a monster to humanity...

"Have you remembered?" Levi questioned eager to find out what's going through my brain. "Yeah I have and its all my fault that they're all dead."

"No its not" Huh? I just stared at him wide eyed confused about what he's saying.

"Of course its my fault not only did I manage to get your entire squad killed but I failed in being a squad leader myself. Two of my best soldiers are dead because of my selfish actions. I've kept so many secrets from everyone. I truly am a monster!" I exclaimed.

"If it weren't for your orders we wouldn't have got Eren back in one piece. If it wasn't because of you the soldiers that could've lost their lives today are still alive because you showed up at just the right time. I don't care if you've got secrets, everybody has. But all because some soldiers died under your watch doesn't mean its your fault. My squad adn your squad may have died young but at least they didn't have a regretful death. Those soldiers sacrificed their lives for humanity. For us! So you have nothing to be sorry for, none of this is your fault Maya. You just need to realise that now."

I couldn't contain my anger. I just wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. He didn't know how to comfort people usually because he didn't comfort people at all. He just wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me up into his lap to make me more comfortable. I whispered something in his ear that only he would hear come out of my mouth. "Thank you so much..."

Wow sorry for not updating for two weeks... I've been really busy recently. Since its my last year in high school before moving into collage, we have mock exams to test us for the things that we need to revise on. And as you may know, it isn't easy. I've got mocks for three weeks along with trying to get homework and revision done. Thank you for understanding! Love you Xx