𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12 - 𝓕𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓮

Erwin's POV (present time)

We had been moving at a fast pace for about 20 minutes now and so far we have had no titan encounters which means Maya and Levi must really be keeping the titans back.  Since we were two miles in front of them we couldn't see what was happening same for our hearing.  I had faith in those two, I mean they are humanities strongest team after all. But for some reason I can't help but worry for them. Maya told me to stay here but I feel like something has happened... But I just can't figure it out or what if I'm not suppose to in the first place? Was Maya trying to warn me? Would she really make it back unscathed and would she return with Levi? So many questions and no answers. 

There was so many questions on everyone's minds and nobody dare question what had happened with the incident a while back. The cadets all just focused on making it back to the wall, however there were two members of her squad and a few other cadets that looked up to her that wanted to fall back and help her out. I wish that I could go back and help her now but its too late, by the time I have made to Maya's location the gate to the wall will be closed.

Out of nowhere we heard some sort of high pitched roar.  Was it a titan? But there were no stomping heard to signal us. The sun was scorching down on us because of the hot summer heat making it more hard to see where the titan was coming from. Another roar was made as it drew closer but there was still no sign of a titan. All of a sudden I heard the flapping of wings... Maya? I looked up into the sky to be greeted by some huge light blue scaled creature. What the hell is that thing. Its shadow cast over us blocking the sun from out eyes making the path to the walls easier to navigate. 

I couldn't notice that the odd blue coloured creature was holding something close and carefully in its hand? I guess you could say? I slowly noticed a flash of raven hair and something clicked in my mind. The thing that this creature was carrying was Levi! What a relief but is this odd beast a friend or foe? Guess we will never know... However if Levi is here then where is Maya?

Within the shade provided by this creature to stop the sun from blinding us all I could see the wall. "Soldiers keep going forward we are coming closer to the wall but don't lose focus just yet anything could happen remember!" I shouted to give them all a bit of courage. 

We had about five more minutes before we came into contact with the wall and I couldn't help but feel relief. But I also had to remember that anything could happen within these five minutes.

All of a sudden we heard foot steps getting louder and faster. As if the beings that we all hated the most read my mind. A fourteen meter titan was coming at us just as I was about to send people out  to kill it but the creature above us started roaring. All of the cadets looked at it confused and some even terrified. I couldn't blame them though both of these beings were truly scary in their own way, shape and form.

The light blue scaled creature started speeding up but for some reason it stayed close to the ground. Paying no attention to it I continued to lead the survey corps on a different direction to try and stay away from the titan. Soon the titan came closer to us and that's when I started to panic. For some reason the light blue creature was flying higher in the sky and was just hovering over us.

The titan was just kept coming closer and closer. I was too busy focused on riding and getting closer to the wall. But we were only about a minute away but the gates were still closed. Cadets started shouting at me to give them some sort of orders, I looked around to see people crying and begging for me to do something. I looked to me right to find Hanji looking straight at me. I could see the worry in her eyes, she knew that I didn't know what to do. Everything was just like slow motion the light blue creatures wings helping it soar/hover through the sky and then a fourteen meter titan was charging right at us. Suddenly the creature dove down out of the sky and headed straight for the titan. Its wings was out in a straight line making the creature increase in speed. It still held Levi close and I assume that it didn't intend to release him anytime soon.

As the beast got closer to the titan it opened its mouth to show all of its teeth. The teeth were sharper than our swords but the good thing that made me relax a bit was the fact that it had no blood on it. Levi hadn't been harmed and the beast hasn't killed any of our comrades. 

The beast had knocked the titan down causing it to lose its balance giving us the advantage to get to the gates. "OPEN THE GATES QUICKLY!" I commanded. The gate was rising ever so slowly causing the tension to increase. For some reason the garrison should've seen the titan coming towards us and the wall. I wonder why they didn't take action? I questioned to myself. The titan screamed in pain as the light blue creature had its razor sharp teeth around its neck. The light blue creature backed away from the titan and opened its mouth wide. All of a sudden the creature let out an excessive amount of fire from its mouth. Burning the titan to a crisp. We all just stood there in shock as the titans corpse started burning and evaporating into the air. We didn't know what to do. The creature then took off and starting flying towards the wall.

Little did we know we had made an enemy. 

Another chapter done! Hope you enjoyed it! Xx Happy new year too!