Chapter 5 - JFK

*Natasha's point of view*

We flew for 9 hours. It was the longest plane ride I have ever been on, and the first plane ride I've been on where I'm not in the lower deck! They used to sneak us on to the lower deck where the hold luggage is kept. You find some creepy things when your down there.

Take off was quite scary to watch. The world shoots passed you quicker than you can blink, nature turns into a blur. The wheels lift off the tarmac and my head went dizzy, the blurred houses come back into view and it almost feels like your slowing down. The altitude rises and you can see the traffic that bundles on the motorways and the town houses, holding a family of people. Then the clouds come and your ears pop, all noises sound muffled, like you've stuffed tissue in your ears. The clouds eventually clear and the bright blue sky shines down like a ray of light. The sun watches over the world peacefully, situated among the surrounding blue. It's never that pretty down on earth.

Turbulence was pretty familiar. It came suddenly, not making me jump but it made me aware that I'm in a big tin can flying through the air, soaring over the world everyone knows, not all love it though. The plane suddenly shook and it did feel like it may start to collapse from the sky. Clint sat opposite me, snoring like a baby buffalo. God, he's a noisy sleeper. He slept through it all, he could probably sleep through a hurricane!

Landing felt familiar but, again, it was scary to watch. The plane balances over the tarmac, daring to touch it. The wheels were finally reunited with the ground, the breaks were smacked on and I gripped the hand rests for dear life. The plane gradually slowed and went to the steady speed of about 5 mph. I thought it was time to wake Clint up so I sneaked up to him, not making a sound. Quiet. Quiet.
"CLINT WAKE UP!!!" I shook him violently and his eyes shot open.
"Wait... what?" He murmured when I let go of him and sat back on my seat.
"We're here." I smiled simply. He looked Pissed off that I woke him up so viciously when there is no emergency.
"Oh okay." He paused for a moment to rub the dust from his eyes. "DID YOU SEE THE NEW YORK SKYLINE?!" He yelled, making me jump.
"Clint. Have you seen the weather? It's foggy as fuck!" I laughed. He looked disappointed.
"Oh okay. I must take you to see it one day. It's beautiful!" He gasped, probably reliving the memory of him seeing the skyline for the first time.

The plane pulled into a garage, almost identical to the one we left in Vnukovo. A lady stood holding a clipboard a few meters away from where the plane stopped dead. She had brown locks, tied back in a small ponytail. Her face was stern and serious. She wore a black dress with a grey tartan pattern making an appearance on the skirt. She had black heels on and a dark blazer to cover her dress.

The pilot, Greg, made his way out of the cockpit and towards the stairway-door thing. He pressed a button and the stairway descended steadily down towards the ground. Clint and I both stood up and started to make our way over to the stairs.
"Thanks Greg, see ya around!" Clint said as he exited the plane.
"Thank you." I weakly smiled, trying my best to get back to Clint who was waiting at the bottom of the small stairway. I jogged down the stairs and met Clint.

We both walked towards the Lady, I seemed shy but he seems to know her.
"Hill! Nice to see you!" He ran up and hugged the lady, she gladly accepted the hug and hugged him back.
"Barton! Your still a suck up." She laughed, they released each other and realised that I was still there.
"Hill, this is the girl I called about! This is Natasha Romanoff, I think if the boss accepts, she can be a great asset to SHIELD. She knocked my ass down a few times!" He laughed. I walked over and shook the ladies hand.
"I think it was a few more than that." I laughed, turning to face him.
"Hey Natasha! Clint speaks very highly of you. I see your good with Banter! Your gonna fit right in!" She laughed. "Clint didn't say my actual name!" She turned and punched his arm, he gripped it in pain and I couldn't help but let out a giggle. "I'm Agent Maria Hill, I work with Nick Fury. He is the boss. He prefers women fighters to men as he finds us easier to deal with! He seems overwhelming but he's actually a softie. He'll love you!" She stated. I'm glad that they're are other women in this governmental group.
"Hi, Maria." I smiled. She seems more approachable then the pilot.