Chapter 61- 5 minutes

*Steve's point of view*

She led me down the Alley towards a glass door.
"We're inside." Clint said through the earpiece. Nat stopped and put her back against the wall, out of view from the door, so I copied.
"Okay, snake the upper levels, clear all rooms. Leave the ground floor to us." Nat answered.

She turned to me, beautiful green eyes.
"Are you sure you want to did this?" She asked, taking my hands in hers.
"Yes. I need to be there for you and I personally want to beat the shit out of this guy." I answered, deadly serious. Nat started smirking.
"Get in line." She smiled and opened the glass door. "Steve, we're on camera now so they know I've turned." She added as she stepped in the room, holding the door open for me.
"I'm here to protect you so your not going anywhere." I replied quickly. I saw her smile a little but she soon made it fade.

The first room we entered was dark, only lit up by the daylight from outside. Another glass door led into a room with more computers than Tony, showing every section of the property. A wooden door was opposite us. I followed Nat to that door and she opened it. I walked out first, holding my Shield out to protect both of us. It led to a hallway with only a few doors, all open. Nat led the way to the furthest door, a little bedroom. Only a bed, a desk and a clock.

"Why do they keep a single bedroom? Surely they'll put people in with others if there skills." I questioned and Nat didn't look back at me, she just walked around the room.
"There was no one else of the same skills." Nat said quietly.
"Who was in here?" I asked, her green eyes looked up at me, brimming with tears. I saw a small blood stain on the wall the other side of the bed.
"Me." She said quietly, looking at the floor, standing right in front of me.
"Please don't tell me-" I lifted her head gently and started talking, but she interrupted me.
"Yes, that's mine." She answered. "These people do whatever it takes to get an answer out fo people." She added, looking away. Nat started to walk out the room so I followed her, walking into the next room down.

It was a room made for soldiers, guns everywhere with bunk beds making a way for a walkway in the middle of the room. We quickly scanned the room and saw nothing but a jungle of beds, so we left. But my mind was fixed on Nat. What were they trying to get out of her? How could they do that to her?!

The next two rooms were the same as the second one, soldiers rooms. We walked back into the room with three doors.

Nat approached the last door with caution, checking if there was anyone in there, to my surprise, there was a guard. She turned to me.
"We've got to go in quietly, sneak up and knock him out. There's going to be another one the other side of the computers so I'll take that one, you go for the first." She whispered to me, I nodded and she opened the door. I snuck behind the first guard, who had his feet up on the desk with his eyes shut, so Nat sneaking around him was easy. Once Nat disappeared to the other side, I tapped on the guards shoulder, his eyes shot open and he went for his gun, so I punched him in the nose. He isn't waking up anytime soon. I heard Nat do the same to the other guard so I went around and joined her.

She stood in front of the unconscious guard on the floor, her eyebrows were furrowing, looking straight passed me. I turned to see another door, I walked towards it, carefully twisting the door knob and pushing it open ever so slightly. It was a stone stairway, leading to a lit up room. I pushed the door open and walked inside, Nat close behind me.

We descended the stairs with caution, my shield held in front for protection while Nat had a gun above me, guarding. As the rest of the room came into view, a large man stood in the centre, holding a gun in our direction. He had an evil smirk on his face. Nat tapped my shoulder repeatedly, this has to be him.
"Ah! Natalia! You bring him here to show me your loyal?" He questioned, still smirking.
"I'm loyal to anyone who opposes you. Your a psychopath!" Nat said from behind me, we reached the bottom of the stairs and Nat aimed her gun directly at the smirking jerk.
"Oh, Captain, you don't know who she is!" He smirked.
"I know exactly who she is, she's strong, she's beautiful, she's perfect. You forced her to think she's a monster. Your the monster." I spat.
"Is that right? Natalia, you've told him everything without running! I'm impressed!" He had his eyebrows raised, not even close to his receding hairline though.
"There's no point running from the people who care for you most, especially if they stick around long enough to help you through it." She spoke, I had to double take. She just said that?!
"Wow. I guess I'm beat." He smirked. Nat looked at me suspiciously and we both approached with caution.
"Beat? Are you admitting defeat?" Nat questioned.
"You might want to watch you-" something underneath my feet clicked, what the hell is this?! "Feet." He smiled brightly.
"Steve..." Nat approached me, lifting up a mat to see a metal plate under my feet. She gulped.
"There's a timer." She said to herself but I heard. Shit. A pressure plate is always connected to a bomb, especially with a timer attached as well.
"How— how long?" I asked, gulping myself.
"About 5 minutes. How's your little romance going to last now?!" He laughed. No. No. No. Nat aimed her gun back at the man and shot, hitting him in the torso, he yelled but Nat didn't look back to him, only at me.

5 minutes.

End of 5 minutes