Chapter 29- Back at home

*Steve's point of view*

I hid behind a dumpster around the side of Natasha's building to make sure I wasn't caught by the guys. It absolutely stank! Well that's because it was a dumpster.

After a few minutes of getting lost in my pessimistic thoughts, I heard Tony and Clint talking about how Tony was idiot asking Nat something, I'll ask about it later. Only seconds later, my phone buzzed.

Natasha R.
Disposed of the Dumbasses. Come back up x ;)

Steve R.
Coming up now x

After I saw Tony and Clint definitely drive off, I headed back up to Nat's apartment and just went straight in. I know she's struggling to walk so I thought I'd save her the hassle and just go in. Walking into her lounge, I saw a beautiful red head look up at me, her eyes lighting up as I neared closet and flopped down on the coach next to her. I put her delicate hands into my giant ones and squeezed as a comfort before closing my eyes and throwing my head back in exhaustion.

"What's up?" She asked, turning her body to face me.
"Nothing really, just a few things on my mind." I huffed, facing her direction getting lost in her eyes.
"Well, tell me, I'm here to listen." She shuffled closer to me and I wrapped my arm around her.
"Well, where to begin!" I chuckled. "I'm glad your home, I would rather me be in that hospital bed rather than you, ever! You didn't deserve it, it was my fault-" Nat interrupted me, turning her head from my shoulder to look up at me with these worried orbs.
"Why do you think it's your fault?" She questioned.
"I'm the one who drove you into that state so it's my fault you were in hospital-"
"No, no, no, Steve don't think that, no. It's my dumbass who can't handle my own feelings in the correct way, not yours." I looked down with a puppy dog look on my face, I knew I was doing it but I can't change it. She had this stern look on her face, showing how much stronger she is than me.
"But Nat-"
"But Steve! No matter what condition I wanna was in, I was going to make it out! You know why?! You were there for me! As long as you are there, I'll be okay! Don't blame this on you! In that hospital, I had my man right there, you brought me out of my shell and now I feel as confident as ever! In that hospital, I was with the guy I love, the one I want to be with forever! So don't blame this on you, it was the best thing that has ever happened to me!" She got increasingly louder. She was clearly agitated with me.
"I love you, Natasha." These were the only words that were left in my mouth. She takes my breath and my words away. Her agitated look brightened as I widened my smile. I leaned down and kissed her gently and then pulled away.
"I love you too, Steve. Don't you dare think about any shit like that again because I will kick your ass and you won't see me coming." She said and I laughed.
"Yes fine, I won't!" I pulled her back in for a hug and kissed the soft skin on her forehead.

We sat there in that position for about half an hour but it felt like a few luxurious minutes. I heard her breaths soften and couldn't help but smile as I realised she had fallen asleep on my arm. It's been a tiring day so I don't blame her. I thought she would probably be more comfortable in her own bed so I scooped her up and carried her bridal style to where I thought her room was. Turns out, I had walked straight into the bathroom. Just as I had noticed we were in the bathroom, Natasha's eyes flickered open and looked at me, smiled and then looked around.

"Steve? Why are we in the bathroom?" She chuckled, looking back up at me.
"Erm, well, you fell asleep on me and I thought you would be more comfortable in your own bed so I was searching for your bedroom. I now realise that you don't have a bath in your bedroom!" I laughed and she escaped my hold and stretched.
"Your such a cute dork!" She laughed as she took my hand and led me out of her bathroom and down the hall to a room which held a double bed, a chest of drawers, a broken mirror and a bed side table with a lamp and a loaded pistol on the top. There was also a knife on the floor by the bed. I'm not going to ask, I don't want to remind her or upset her about something that may or may not have happened. "For future reference, Steve, this is my bedroom." She chuckled and I chuckled and blushed.

I went to go get Nat a glass of water to put on her bedside table while she got dressed into her pyjamas, I didn't want to overstep a line and make her uncomfortable changing in front of me. With a glass of water in hand, I knocked on the bedroom door and opened it to Natasha fast asleep on top of the baby blue duvet. I smiled to myself sheepishly and tip toed to her side, placing the water on her bedside table. I planted a kiss on her head and walked towards the door when I felt a grip tighten on my wrist, my eyes were directed towards a dreary eyed Natasha, sitting up, slightly smiling.

"Could you stay with me?" She whispered, I gave her a gentle smile and a nod and she let go of my wrist, laying back down and opening the duvet for me. I got changed into a tank top and boxer shorts that I already had on underneath my clothes, and layer down next to Natasha. She curled up in my arms and was asleep instantly. I fell asleep quite quickly after, drifting off to her gentle breaths and her luscious smell.

End of Back at home
———————————————————————————

Hi! I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while! I have had to do a few mock exams and then I went skiing with my school to Andorra! Now I'm back, I'm hoping to update at least once a week!

It's only two months till Black Widow comes out! I'm so excited!

Thank you all again for reading! You guys are amazing!! 💗💗