Chapter 58- Assigned to kill

*Nat's point of view*

His lips tightened and his dirty eyes shot daggers at me. Okay, what have I done now?
"How?" He growled.
"What do you mean, Master?" I replied, bracing myself for the pain he was about to cause.
"How did you CONTACT them?!" He shot back.
"Contact who, Master?" I replied again, trying to keep calm. Who did I contact? Who is here?
"Don't play dumb, Natalia! How did you contact them?! There's purposely nothing in here!" He yelled. He stomped over to me, leaning over my trembling body with a bitter look on his face.
"Honestly, master. I haven't spoken to anyone since the guard. I only speak to Yelena and the guards!" I defended.
"Then why the FUCK is your little American costumed crew here?!" Wait, who? "And your dearest sister is here as well, fighting with them!" Yelena is fighting with who? Who is here?! Can it be? I need to be sure.
"Who, my master? Who is Yelena fighting with?" I asked. A quick action slid me across the bed, to the other side of the room. My jaw stung and gut ached.
"Your boyfriend. Your American group. The Avengers!!" He yelled. Wait. Wait. Wait. They're here?! I knew they'd come! They spoke to Yelena! They listened. But I didn't send them.
"Sir, I did not send for them. I didn't send for anyone." I defended and my back was forced against the brick wall. His fist met my eye and I can already tell there is a thick brown circle forming around it.
"Bullshit! Do not play dumb!" With that, I was kicked. My eye ached and my body was numb.
"I promise you, sir, I did not send for anyone! I haven't been in contact with anyone!" I pleaded. He stood back and sat on the bed, putting his head in his hands.
"Who did send for them?" He asked, surprisingly quiet. I took this opportunity to pull myself up from the floor and sit up straight.
"I'm not sure, master." I replied.
"Wait, you said to Madam that you were over Steve?" He suddenly sat upright, like he had just had an epiphany. Oh shit.
"I didn't say it quite like that-" I tried to reason but he interrupted.
"Talia. You can prove you are over him. You have a mission." Oh shit. I can't prove I'm over him! I love him!
"What's my mission, Master?" I gulped.
"You are being assigned to kill. Prove your loyalty to the Red Room." No. No. No. This is not happening.
"Who am I to kill?" I questioned, knowing the answer.
"Your first target is Steve Rogers, then Clint..." He continued talking while I panicked internally. No I can't kill him. I can't kill Clint. I can't kill my boyfriend. My family. I love them. Assigned to kill the love of my life! I can't do it. But I have to. But I can't. "... then you will kill Yelena. Are your orders clear?" He announced. I couldn't speak, I could barely breathe! My heart was in knots and my mind was in tatters. "Natalia! Do you copy?!" He yelled at me. I nodded, for some reason I'm out of breath.
"I... I copy." I wheezed. He put his hand under my chin, violently lifting my head towards him.
"You will kill Steve." He stated, forcefully. "Won't you?!" He forced, yanking at my jaw. "Answer the god damn question!" He yelled.
"Yes! Yes!" I yelped, my jaw aching.
"Yes what?!" He yelled again, gripping tighter to my jaw.
"Yes Master." I pleaded, hoping he would let go, and he did.
"Good. Now, get up and go out there. Prove your loyalty and protect your family." He smirked. I am loyal to not one person who is fighting against the avengers. THEY are my family. I stumbled to my feet, regaining my balance and the Master stood up as well. He walked me to the door and opened it, revealing a hallway that led straight out to the place they were all fighting. All I have to do is get Steve to the places that no cameras covered, the alleyway by the side of the building was my best bet.

"Remember, Natalia. Stay loyal. Do not speak to any of them. And most of all, do not shame me. Understood?" He placed both hands on my shoulders, staring directly into my eyes.
"Yes, Master." I lied, surprisingly confident. I don't know if he could tell I was lying but I'm going out there anyway.
"Good girl." He smirked. "Kill him while he still loves you." He let go of me, indicating me to go out the front door.
"Master, wouldn't it be easier for me to go out a different entrance? They would see me and immediately take me!" I suggested, knowing there is only one other exit out of here.
"Why, yes! That is an amazing idea, I'll show you the way." He smiled, taking me under his arm and walking the opposite direction to the main entrance.

We walked into a room which had a glass door in the corner, leading outside, via an alleyway with the building and the fence either side. The room had another door, leading to a room with multiple computers, all showing the front of the premises. The cameras are clearly old so I couldn't make out anyone, I just saw grey blobs fighting more grey blobs.

"Your my prise possession, you know that?" The master said, turning to me and removing the hair from my face. I just wanted to hit him, not yet Natasha, your time will come. I smiled to try and shift the awkwardness and he eventually let me go. "Go make your father proud." He smiled. Father!? No. I don't have parents, you are not my family and I am certainly not your daughter. He has always classed himself as my father, just because I was a successful murderer. I smiled again and headed to the door, pulling it open and walking out, the fresh New York air slapped my face but I adjusted to it quite quickly. I have missed New York.

I walked down the alleyway, cautious that someone would see me immediately and run over. I edged to the corner of the building, carefully looking around. Bucky was in hand combat with a guard while Sam was flying above with Tony. There is a roof over the alleyway so they couldn't see me. Wanda was standing on a car, throwing her powers at the guards. Yelena was talking to Steve at the other side of the gardens... wait. Steve. It's him. He was in his stealth suit. Dark blue and skin tight suit that showed off his muscles and his pure heart, I'm not sure how but that suit makes me want to run into his arms but I have to play this act until he gets over here, so I can talk to him.

I think Yelena spotted me. She smiled vividly and Steve turned around like a lost puppy. How am I going to do this? He smiled when he saw me but his smile faded.

End of Assigned to kill