Chapter 71- Get Yourself Together

*Nat's point of view*

Yelena, Wanda and Clint arrived at just after 2pm. Steve seemed delighted to see them and Yelena and Wanda seemed extremely delighted to see me smiling with him. I just can't get over the fact that even after all of this, he is alive and with me! He couldn't stop smiling when he looked at me and I couldn't when I looked at him, he still looked awful but not as bad as he was yesterday.

He has a Doctor coming to test his memories and ask him a few questions so they can evaluate the damage. He seemed unbothered by the doctor to the untrained eye but I can tell he was terrified, I know him too well. Maybe he has a feeling he knows he has damage, maybe he forgot something he was supposed to remember, but he is still my Steve through everything and I know he knows that. He smiled through it all but as the time approached, he gripped my hand tighter and tighter, until the doctor walked in the room, holding a clipboard.

"Hi, Steve! How are you doing?" The doctor smiled at him, he just smiled back.
"I'm great!" He whispered slowly. He was clearly lying but the doctor couldn't see that.
"I have a few questions for you but we are going to have to limit the number of people in here to down to one." The doctor smiled.
"Ah! Yes, no problem. Wanda, Yelena, come on. We'll be outside." Clint beamed as he walked out the room with Yelena and Wanda following, shutting the door behind them.
"Let's get this started then!" The doctor said, pulling up a chair opposite to me in front of Steve. Steve seemed to tense up as he awaited the first question.
"I'm here, baby." I reassured, gripping his hand in mine. He relaxed a little after I said this.
"First off, what's your full name?" The doctor asked.
"Steven Grant Rogers." He answered slowly.
"Where are you from?" He asked.
"New York." He answered, but this time he seemed hesitant.
"Whereabouts in New York?" He pushed on and Steve tensed again.
"Err.. The city?" He asked. Brooklyn. He can't recall he is from Brooklyn.
"Okay, moving on, can you tell me where you are right now?" He asked again. I can tell Steve's Ego has taken a hit from not remembering Brooklyn.
"A hospital in New York City." He answered, adamantly.
"Great, now I'm going to get Miss here to help me out with the next few questions." The doctor smiled at me. "What is her name and what is she to you?" He asked.
"This is Natasha Romanoff, and she is my Girlfriend and Partner." He replied, sure of what he was saying.
"Is that right?" He asked me.
"Spot on." I smiled back.
"Okay, Ms Romanoff, could you ask him some questions that he should know the answer to?" He asked me and I nodded. Steve turned his head to face me, weakly smiling.
"What happened Two Years Ago?" I asked him. He hesitated.
"You... left for two years." He hesitated. He... he really doesn't remember.
"Did I leave intentionally?" I asked him and he quivered.
"...no... wait, no you didn't! You were kidnapped for two years! We had an argument, we went to Russia and you were taken... and I couldn't r... re- get you back." He can't get the word Rescue. He remembers, but he needs help to remember.
"Where did we get together?" I asked.
"The Building, that Avengers Building, right?" He questioned, searching for confirmation. The only thing I could do was give him a weak smile. It was at the hospital we got together. I know it's not his fault, but my heart tore in two.
"I think that will do, I am going to ask you some questions that Mr Stark helped us with. Ms, could you please wait outside? We need to avoid answers." The doctor asked. I nodded. I stood up and leaned over, kissing Steve on the head. He smiled.
"You've got this." I smiled, as I walked out of the room.

I opened the door and shut it behind me. As soon as the door clicked shut, I felt tears build up in my eyes. Clint immediately clocked me but he didn't quite realise I was on the verge of crying.
"Hey Nat, hows he doing?" Clint asked from the seats he, Wanda and Yelena were sitting at. I was leaning against the wall. How's he doing? He doesn't remember how we got together. It's possible he may not remember our life before I was kidnapped. Clint's words made the tears drop and made me sink the floor. Clint and the girls were by my side in seconds as my back slipped down the wall to the floor.
"Hey, hey, hey! It's okay, It's okay. I'm here, Nat, I'm here." Clint reassured, pulling my aching body into an embrace.
"He doesn't remember." I cried. The four of us were on the floor outside his room.
"Calm Down, what doesn't he remember?" Wanda asked, putting a hand on my knee while Yelena rubbed my back.
"How we got together, what happened two years ago!" I cried.
"Nat, it's okay. He will remember, don't worry!" Yelena comforted.
"He can't think of words. He doesn't know he's from Brooklyn. What if he doesn't remember our three months together?!" I cried.
"Don't think like that. If he doesn't remember, then I'm sure he wants to. Does he know who you are to him?" Clint asked stroking my hair.
"He knows I'm his Girlfriend and partner." I sobbed.
"Well, that's good?" Wanda smiled weakly.
"Nat, listen, you've gone through too much to break down over this. Get your act together. I know it's heartbreaking but you need to stay strong for him! If he heard you, he'd feel so guilty and you know it's not his fault." Yelena declared, pulling me out of my self-pity. She has a point. "So, Natasha, get your shit together, pull yourself up off of the ground and be ready to stay strong for your boyfriend. He's relying on you!" Yelena added, standing me up.
"Thank you." I smiled, wiping the tears from my face.
"Ms Romanoff?"

End of Get Yourself Together