Chapter 69- Back to life

*Steve's point of view*

I'm not sure what is happening but I've suddenly regained consciousness and I can only hear chaos. A male voice counting down with a female screaming, but it's mostly blurred out from a loud alarm. I can't move, I can't feel anything. How am I here? I thought I was dead? My heart rate is quick and that's the most I know, and I only know that because I can hear the thumping ringing in my ears. The voices started getting clearer and clearer, until I could almost pin point who they were. The counting must be a doctor as every time he says "Now!" I feel a jolt run through my body and I can hear a little clearer than before. The female was hard to make out, but it's almost certainly Natasha considering what they are saying.
"No! No! No! Steve! Please, I love you! Do not leave me now after everything we have been through!" This is Natasha. Wait... leave? I thought I had already left but somehow I'm still here, hanging by a loose thread. I love her more than anything, does she know I love her? I felt my heartbeat die out, turning into one big bleep. Am I dead? I can't be dead! No, I need to get back somehow. How?! "Please..." I heard her whisper to her self as all fell silent. Only the sound of her sobs. The alarms stopped. I can't leave her here. I have a life to live and I know she won't live hers without me, especially after what I've just heard.

Beep.

Wait, is that a heartbeat? Some how I felt eyes glare at me.

Beep.

There's another!

Beep.
Beep.

Oh my god! I'm alive!

"It can't be..." The presumed doctor gasped.
"Is he.." Nat asked but it died off. The beeps began to repeat on their own, a regular heartbeat. Oh my gosh, I'm stable(ish)!!
"Somehow, Mr Rogers has pulled through." The doctor sounded gobsmacked.

My feeling started to come back, but I didn't feel a lot, only a small warm hand grasping mine. Can I move anything? I twitched my finger under the warm hand and I felt her eyes land on my face and her hand jolted, she was clearly surprised.
"He's just twitched his finger." She said, emotionless. Taken over by emotion is probably the best way to describe it.

Okay, Steve, come on. Open your eyes. They felt like led weights but I have to open them. Slowly, they fluttered open, revealing the blinding hospital lights.
"Baby?!" Nat exclaimed in disbelief, she immediately stood up and stood over me. Her beautiful hair falling either side of her tear filled face. She looked shocked, but relieved. A smile formed on my face, I couldn't help but smile, I saw her.
"I'll give you two a minute." The doctor said, catching my attention as he and another nurse walked out the room.

I tried to talk but all the came out was an "s" sound which made me sound like a snake.
"Shhh, it's okay. Don't rush it, baby." She cried, smiling.
"Ss... sit." I whispered. Her smile only grew.
"You just woke up and your telling me to sit down." She beamed at me. She took a seat and I slowly moved my head to the left to face her.
"H- hurt your back." I whispered again, struggling but still smiling.
"You really are a pain in the ass!" She smiled, she paused for a moment as we stared into each others eyes. I've missed her so much. I saw a tear form in her eye as she gripped my hand tighter. "I thought you were dead." The tear escaped her eye. I slowly lifted my hand up to her face, caressing her cheek to wipe the tear a way. She held my hand up to her face, moving our hands up to her mouth were she placed a small kiss on the back of my hand. "I missed you so much." She smiled. "You told me to go and I basically went back to my apartment and lost my mind with Clint." She chuckled.
"I'm sorry." I wheezed.
"Don't you even dare do that to me. You couldn't help any of this as much as I couldn't. So don't give me that shit. I thought you were dead for 24 hours until yesterday when Clint woke me up telling me they found you and you were being rushed into surgery. And now your here, in this bed, unable to talk properly. I wish it was the other way around." She ranted. I shook my head at the end.
"I don't care I'm in the bed." I managed to whisper after about 30 seconds, I'm getting better at whispering. I've just got to not try and talk and try and whisper instead. "You don't deserve this. I just wish I could hug you and kiss you." I wheezed again, smiling. "Because I love you Nat." I added.
"I love you too." She smiled. "I wish I could as well but I don't want to hurt you. So, we'll save that for when it's safer for you. I'm still gobsmacked your alive! God, I love you so much." She smiled.
"The feeling is mutual." I smiled, attempting to tighten my hand to make it show that I love her. "Are you here alone?" I asked after a few seconds.
"No, two of the boys are outside. They walked out when I kinda lost my shit because you were in Cardiac Arrest. They've been with me since Yesterday, well, Tony has. Clint has to go home and sleep because he stayed up with me the night before but he came back this morning." She informed me.
"At least your not alone, baby." I wheezed. I've just realised that I've been talking really slow and it's such a struggle to get my words out. What on Earth happened to me? I know I was probably crushed by a building but still.

"Steven Rogers isn't dead!! I'm so happy!" I immediately realised that was Tony walking in to the room, followed by Clint and the doctor and the nurse.

End of Back to life