Chapter 39- Mission Pt.2

*Nat's point of view*

We all got out of the plane, Wanda headed off a few minutes before we did due to her role in the plan. This wood seemed all too familiar, I don't know why it's familiar, it's literally just a Russian wood. As we moved further in on the target, memories of the Red Room kept flooding in.

We all tip-toed into the target zone, silent as we did, until I got a tap on shoulder.
"Nat, we need to talk." Steve whispered.
"It's really not the time, Steve." I answered, still quiet. The night I escaped, the mud on the ground. I was smothered in mud.
"We need to talk after this then." He tried again.
"Yes, fine, okay." I whispered back, getting annoyed.
"Wanda is in! Go! Go! Go!" Tony screamed as gunfire ran through the forest.

We all started running and memories flooded back. This isn't just a Hydra base, it's the Red Room. The trees stopped at a metal fence, like honeycomb, just more deadly, the fence was blown open to make an entrance for us. My breathing started to become rapid as that mansion, that horrible mansion came into view. The gardens were messier than I remember, they used to be full of flowers and beauty, a ray of hope in such a hell, but now there as dull as the house.

Steve and Bucky took care of the guys on the ground while Tony cleared a way for me inside. I ran around the side of the building and looked up, seeing the exact place where I jumped and broke my arm, that window was bordered shut now. I kept running around the edges of the building, noticing the grand doors but I chose the secret exit which was the other side.

"Nat! There's a way in right in front of you! Where are you going?" Tony yelled through the speaker in my ear.
"I know what I'm doing!" I yelled back, quickly clearing moss from a wall, revealing a wooden door.
"Damn. I guess she does know what she's doing." Tony sounded shocked. "Get intel and get out."
"Yes, okay." I opened the door to reveal an empty stone hallway.

Madam told us that whenever we were in trouble, we should come through this door, I remember it vividly, too vividly. The hall was desolate, only echoes of running from above. Rats and mice passed me, running back to their burrows in the walls. There was a slight draft and a smell of smoke.

All intel is in the master's room. I'm not sure who the master is but when I was here, it was a vicious man that you only ever met if you were getting executed, so no one can know who it is and tell the police when and if you escape. The master isn't Madam, she is just a harsh bitch that enforced the rules the master did.

I continued through the isolated hallway until I came to a set of stairs which had a door when you reached the top. Very quietly and slowly, I opened the door just enough so I can see where I was. A giant red carpet was laid on the floor, leading up to a room. It was surprisingly unguarded, they have not learnt anything in the time I haven't been here. No guards were visible in the hallway so I quickly snuck out the door and shut it quietly. The main entrance was down the grand staircase, just a few metres away from me, guards only ran out from rooms on the bottom level of the mansion, lucky enough for me.

Swiftly, I made my way to what I think is the masters room. Every step I took, the bad feeling in my stomach increased. I'm not sure I should do this. I have to. If we get this intel, the team can shut down the Red Room and work out a way to shut down both the KGB and Hydra. I have to prove I am ready. The door came nearer and nearer, until I was face to face with the dark brown wood, outlined with gold paint. Deep breaths.. Deep breaths. My hand made its way to the door knob, slowly turning it to find out it's locked!
"Shit." I mumbled under my breath. My hair was in a high ponytail so I had bobby pins in my hair! I took one and looked back to check no one was coming, the coast was clear. I carefully inserted the bobby pin, turning it waiting for the click. CLICK. I'm in.

Another round of deep breathes later, I worked up the courage to open the door, turning the knob and slowly pushing it open, to reveal no guards. No guards? No master? No guy in a suit? Nothing?! I kept opening the door and slipped inside the room. Cobwebs and dust was gathered on the shelves that day either side of the room, containing no files, no books, no weapons, no threat. No evidence. The Red Room moved premise. A giant desk still sat in the middle of the room, gathering dust. A file sat on in the top, clean. Someone has been here recently. Cautiously, I approached the desk, my breathing quickening as I did. I know whose file that is.

Still not prepared to see what I'm about to see, I opened it, revealing memories, torture and pain.

ROMANOVA, Natalia Alianovna

Born- November 1984 (no date specified as never revealed)
Died-

Occupation- Red Room assassin
Crimes- Betraying the Red Room (Treason)
Punishment- She'll see

The last line was handwritten, I traced my finger over it and the black ink smudged against my finger. Someone has been here.

Multiple pictures were placed in the file as well. I flicked through them. They all sent shivers down my spine. They were all from my punishments. All of them. Guards slashing their whips over my frail body and much, much worse. The Red Room has clearly moved establishment, but there is a high ranking leader here somewhere-

"Ah! I knew you'd come." The Mans thick Russian accent sent me spirally out of sanity. I don't recognise the voice but he clearly recognises me.
"What do you want?" I quivered, still facing away from the mystery Russian man. His presence was known to me, I could feel his figure towering over me.
"Natalia?! What I want is you. What I am going to do with you is a different question, probably the one you should be asking!" He chuckled a deep belly laugh. His breath stained my neck.
"What do you-" a cloth was placed over my face before I could say another word.
"All in good time, Natalia, all in good time." His voice and the cloth sent me off to an eternal darkness.

End of Mission Pt.2

———————————————————————————

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry about doing this to Natasha😬

Given the recent outbreak of the CoronaVirus, it looks like I'm going to have a lot of free time in the next few weeks! I hope everyone is staying safe and recovering well if you have had it! My country have not shut any schools yet due to the cases not being large enough but will probably shutdown soon.

Feel free to comment and message me privately, Id love to get to know you all! The message so receive are so lovely! You guys are literally the best! Thank you all for your continued support! Stay safe! 💗💗