Chapter 9- Let me put you on Hold

*Natasha's point of view*
**1 YEAR LATER**

"I'm going to ask you again, who are you?!" The black-suited man spat at me. His russian accent cut into his voice, I guess it makes sense since we're in the outskirts of Moscow!
"I told you! I'm Svetlana! Why would I be lying? Why am I here?!" I kept the cover I had been using for the passed two weeks. I used my natural Russian accent when working in Russia or mainly undercover in a northern European or Asian countries. I'm so used to the american accent that it's the accent I use everyday.

Svetlana Volkic, my cover, is a simple business man's wife, attending the galas and other events the company may hold. Fortunately, my husband couldn't make it to the event I was asked to attend last night and now I'm stuck among the people I'm spying on, a small section of the Russian Mafia. The man who is standing in front of me is the boss, not of the whole Mafia but a small part of it. Two of his thugs stood either side of him, whacking me when I give an incorrect response to a question. I hate being in Russia, why did Fury send me on this mission while Clint and Sam are chilling out in Hong Kong!? Hopefully, I can go home soon.

"Your lying! I know who you are." His voice turned from hostile to a feeling of realisation. His white receding hair framed his wrinkled and fatigued face, dancing in the small draft that came through this old abandoned factory they have me tied up in.
"You know who I am because I have just told you! Why won't you let me go?! I have done nothing wrong!" I screamed, acting innocent, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is one of the times when it doesn't.

The leader walks towards me closer. Closer. His hot breath staining the cold air into a great cloud of smoke. It's October in Russia so its EXTREMELY cold, but the cold doesn't really effect me anymore, but never really has. He stands only millimetres from my toes, wrapped in my black tights. His body bends until his head floats above my left shoulder, his breath sending shivers down my spine.
"I know who you are." My cover is definitely blown. It was all silence for a little while, each breathe he takes send an unsettling hit flush down my neck. "знаменитая черная вдо." (The famous Black Widow.) Shit. There is no way he is going to budge from this accusation. I was left speechless. "We have been looking for you for years, Natalia." I hate that name. Wait, whose been looking for me?
"Who has been looking for me?" I gave up on the Russian accent and went back to my American.
"The Red Room, they have been looking for you for eleven years." Fuck.
"Wait, I thought you were the Mafia?"
"Oh, don't you know? The Mafia, the KGB and the Red Room have joined forces!" This is bad. Really bad.
"So, all those containers you have stored at the docks at the other end of the country are..." I already know the answer, I just don't want it to be true.
"Girls! Homeless children they find on the streets around the world! No one misses them so no one knows they're gone!" These men are sick.
"Your sick."
"I'm sick? Let me ask you this, what was your past like? Huh?" Crap. I knew this was coming.
"My past has nothing to do-"
"Oh yes it does! Your not as innocent as you appear! How many people is it now?"
"It was an accident!"
"Did they think it was an 'accident'?"
"I don't know."
"How do you know it was an accident?"
"I didn't want to do it! I-"

We were all sent silent by a phone buzzing in one of the bodyguards pockets. Both me and this leader turned to face him, I was thankful but he was annoyed that he was interrupted.
"Who is it?!" The leader yelled at the guard. They both looked at the phone until the leader snatched the phone from his hands and answered it, throwing it up to his ear.

"Listen here, I do not care for any car accident-" his angry Russian accent was interrupted by a deep voice down the phone. The voice from the phone seemed extremely familiar.
"...your at 92... just outside Moscow...put the lady... otherwise we are... blow up the building." The voice seemed very familiar, the voice startled the leader, his shaking body began to approach me, his hand extending out to my neck. He placed the phone on my shoulder while I placed my head on top of it.
"Umm.. Hello?" I asked, questioning who this guy is.
"Natasha," Fury's loud voice beamed down the phone. "We need you to come in."
"I can't! I'm working! You put me here so let me continue my mission!" The men in front of me looked at eachother questionably. I heard Fury grunt.
"Romanoff, this is an emergency! I need you to come in immediately! We are at level 7." Oh shit. Level 7? This is bad. Very, Very bad. I have got to go back to New York. Is Clint okay?
"Let me put you on hold." I tilted my head slightly, trying to get one of the guards to come over and take the phone.

The leader approached me and bent his whole body down to collect the phone and as I need to go, I used this to my advantage. My hands and legs are tied up so I decide on a different strategy. I forcefully charged my head towards his, he flew back towards the other two guards, who started charging towards me as well. I stood up, my legs still attached to the chair and approached them with great force. My legs bounced and I did a front flip, landing on the now broken chair and one of the guards, he was knocked unconscious. Now with semi-free hands and legs- they were still surrounded by ropes- I ran up to the other guard who was running towards me. Pouncing, I wrapped my legs on to his shoulders and used gravity to pull myself and this man down towards the ground. I got off before I hit the concrete floor and watched his head smack the ground, he was out cold. The leader still lay grunting on the floor, he deserves to suffer so I decided to drag him up to the huge square whole in the floor and grabbed the chain that dangled over, uniting the two floors. I wrapped the chain around the leaders foot and pushed him off, he dangled upside down. Karma is a bitch.

The phone lay on the floor, still on call. I raised it to my ear and continued my conversation with Fury.
"Is Barton okay?" I asked, bending down to pick up my black heels that matched my black dress.
"Yes, Barton's okay. We gotta call in the others. I'm going to India to get Banner, Coulson is getting Stark and Bucky is getting the Captain."
"The Captain? Didn't he refuse SHIELD last year?"
"He won't be able to resist doing the right thing. When he sees the threat, he will be at the New York SHIELD base within 5 minutes. Which I'm hoping you'll be here by tomorrow morning."
"I'll try sir, I'm not far from Vnukovo so I'll grab one of those planes and head fro JFK right away."
"See you tomorrow, Agent."
"Bye sir."

After about 10 minutes of sneaking around the factory, trying to find a way out but trying to make sure there is no other guards, thankfully, there were none. I hot-wired a car that sat outside and headed for Vnukovo International.

End of Let me put you on Hold