Chapter 62- Times up

*Natasha's point of view*

"Nat, please can you do me a favour." Steve stuttered. There's so much I want to tell him. There's so much I want to do with him! It can't be just 5 minutes left! No!
"What?" I smiled weakly.
"Please, could you go-" He said, a tear brimming in his eyes. I interrupted him.
"No. I'm not going anywhere." I said, firmly. A tear dripped from my eye.
"Please-"
"Steve, I'm not leaving you here to die alone!" I cried. I can't just leave him here.
"Nat! I'm not alone!" He smiled. I was crying my eyes out. "I was never alone. I had you." He smiled brightly.
"I can't leave you." I cried.
"I'm never going to leave you, my heart is with you forever. I promise you." He cried.
"Steve." I cried.
"I love you, Nat. I always will." He smiled.
"I love you, Steve. I always will." I repeated, trying my best to smile.
"I wish I could kiss you right now!" He laughed.
"So do I." I smiled.
"Go. Go get everyone out while you can. Live your life, I'll be with you every step of the way." He cried.

"Guys, anyone there?" I tried to compose myself.
"Yeah, we're here. Upper levels are empty. We killed someone who claims to be a Madam, though." Bucky said through the Radio.
"Everyone has to get out of the building, now." I yelled, trying to block the tears.
"Is there a bomb?" Yelena asked.
"Yeah." I said after a deep breath.
"I'll be okay." Steve cried. I smiled brightly at him, and ran up the stairs and out of the building.

I was greeted everyone in front of the gates. They all furrowed their eyebrows. A loud crash was heard from behind me. I stumbled over to the pavement where everyone was standing. I broke. Tears streamed from my eyes like tsunami. Clint, Yelena and Wanda came to my aid immediately. I hugged Clint tightly.
"Nat, where's Steve?" Tony asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.
"P- P- P-" I stuttered.
"P?" Tony asked, I nodded.
"What begins with P?!" Tony yelled at everyone, they all searched they're brains. I was still in Clint's arms so I tried to mumble it into his ears.
"Press- Pressure." I said and Clint held me tighter.
"Plate?" Clint asked. I nodded violently and cried more into his shoulder.
"Guys." Clint said, catching everyone's attention.
"She's just said Pressure Plate." Clint said, realising why I'm so tearful.
"So he's just gone?!" Tony yelled. Steve was his Best Friend.
"Tony, please." Sam said, trying to calm him down.
"No! Steve Rogers was my best friend and the best thing to happen to the world, he can't just be gone!" Tony yelled, but then he paused. "Nat..." he whispered. He came over and took me off Clint's hands, giving me a tight hug as we both cried.

We waited for transport on the side of the road. I was unable to lift my head to look at the remains of the building so I kept my head down and got in the car when it arrived. Clint was in the car with me, staring at me while I stared out the window aimlessly, letting New York rush passed while I relived the morning. I've only said one thing, and that was "pressure". No one knows what happened, but I continuously relive it. The tears. The noise of the plate. His pleads for me to leave. The bullet hitting Ivan. The rush of pain when the building exploded. He was the best thing to ever happened to me and I left him there, to die. And now he is dead. Dead. The love of my life is dead. The worlds favourite hero is dead and I am still alive, even though I am a bane of the world.

"Natasha? Nat!" Clint said, trying to get my attention when the car had stopped. I looked at him with no emotion on my face, he smiled. "Your home." He smiled weakly. He came around to my side of the car and opened the door so I could get out. I got out and walked towards the apartment door. I haven't seen this place in so long, two years. Last time I was here, I was annoyed at Steve. How could I ever be annoyed at him? I broke him. Clint followed me inside and up the stairs, and to my front door.
"Don't have keys." I muttered, banging my head on the door.
"Hey, hey, hey. Don't worry. I do." Clint put his hands on my shoulder and gently moved me from giving myself concussion. He put the key in the lock and opened the door.

I haven't been in this apartment for two years, but it still looks like I was here yesterday! No dust or litter. The bed was nicely made. I walked in the front room and stared at the sofa.
"He's been keeping here clean for you, because he knew you'd return." Clint said, catching my attention. I turned to face him, he was leaning on the door frame.
"There's no point me doing that for him." I replied quietly. Clint walked over to me and sat on the sofa, I sat next to him and hugged him.
"What happened?" Clint asked, rubbing my arm.
"You can guess what's happened in the last two years." I answered.
"Walk me through this morning. Someone is going to ask you what happened and I can stop them and tell them. You don't need to relive it every second of the day." Clint suggested, calmly. I took a deep breath.
"I didn't sleep at all last night. As soon we arrived in New York, I was running through all the possible outcomes and I guess that was why I didn't sleep. I was shoved in a room and told to wait for further notice. This morning, at about ten past ten, I had the Master, the big guy, come in and ask me who I called for. When I told him I didn't know what he was talking about, I was shoved against the wall and punched, hence the black eye. He finally understood I nothing to do with you guys coming to the compound and told me I had a mission to kill all of you, starting with... Steve. I guess I succeeded." I spoke. A tear rolled down my cheek. "I was led out the back entrance and saw him and Yel standing there, talking. Yelena saw me and must've realised I was ordered to kill you all because I tackled Steve and he didn't fight back, even when I asked him to. We decided that we would pretend we were sparring, until we got to the Alleyway. We spoke for a bit and he just wanted to get me away from there. Then everyone was going in the building, we checked every room till we found a basement, where the Master stood. We approached him with caution. He realised I had turned and then when we went towards him, Steve stepped on the plate." My eyes were watering. "I looked and it had a 5 minute timer. I shot the Master. Steve told me to go. I said I wouldn't let him die alone. He told me to go, that he... he loves me. He said I wasn't alone, he would always have me and I would always have him. And I left. I just left him there. The building was clear and it exploded, with him inside! It exploded earlier than I thought it would but it still took him with it!" I cried into Clint's shoulder. My heart ached and exploded just like the building, just like him.

End of Times up