Chapter 33- Party Pt.1

*Nats point of view*

I somehow managed to get out of the limo with my dress not even getting messed up! Now I see Wanda in the sunlight, she looks stunning, honestly, I don't know how she is single. We walked through the main doors of Avengers Tower, the usual staff was there. As we made our way through the reception, the receptionists all said congratulations and welcome back, to which I said thank you. We headed for the elevator and I could see Wanda's feet was suffering with the heels

"Why did you wear heels if they hurt your feet?" I asked.
"Why do you? Huh? Someone you wanna impress?" She winked. Not this again.
"Uhhh no. I don't even know what your planning! The only person I'd want to impress is me. Self confidence is the best kind of confidence." I said, shutting her facts straight down. I would say theory but she's not wrong.
"Good come back, Nat, good come back." She said. Her smile beamed from ear to ear.

We approached the elevator and got in, Wanda pressed 31 which is the hall. We are going straight up there, there is a corridor before the hall so I can prepare myself for around 50 people jumping out at me. We stood in silence, all though Wanda's excitement was loud enough to fill an empty hall!

The elevator arrived at floor 31 and we exited, heading down the corridor. Multiple thought rushed through my mind. Who is going to be here? Is Steve here? Are they going to jump out at me? Is the entire party going to be focussed on me? Is Fury going to be here?

Before I know it, we are at the door. Wanda stops me, looking through the door to see no lights on, before opening the door for me to walk through. I took a deep subtle breath and walked into the hall. It was pure darkness apart from the sunset falling over the New York skyline in the giant window. The lights flickered on and in Unison, everyone said:
"WELCOME BACK, NAT!!" Everyone stood right in front of me, smiling their heads off. Tony, Clint, Sam, Bucky, Maria, Rhodes, Banner, Fury, Pepper, Laura, Nathaniel, Cooper, Lila and some other guys who Tony invited to make the party more lively. And behind Tony, smiling from ear to ear, his perfect teeth shining and his blonde hair combed back, stood Steve.

"I don't know what to say!" I squeaked. I knew it was coming but I was still speechless.
"A thank you would be nice!" Tony laughed and was punched by Clint.
"Thank you, all of you! Honestly the colleagues ever!" I gleamed.

Lila ran over and I immediately picked her up.
"I missed you Nat!" she smiled.
"Aww I missed you too!" I said.
"Lila! Give the girl her space!" Laura said, taking Lila and giving her a hug. Lila looked absolutely wiped out! "Well done, Nat, you look fantastic!" She smiled.

Eventually, everyone came over to me, all but Steve, trying to make it not suspicious. They congratulated me, gave me a hug and told me how great I looked. There is only one opinion I care about.

After an hour of talking to people who I have never met, I saw Steve in his really smart suit at the bar. I walked up behind him and sat on the stall next to him.
"You make it so hard for me not to kiss you right now." He said quietly, turning to face me with a flirtatious smile. "You look like a queen. I'm not just saying that, you are literally the most beautiful person to walk this planet, or any other for that matter." He smiled.
"I'm not just a queen, I'm your queen. The queen of the most handsome king to walk the land." I returned the flirtatious smile. He blushed and smiled.
"Well, I'm the luckiest person ever." He shot back and I blushed. "Remember I said that we can handle keeping our act up? Well, I don't know if I can."
"To be honest, neither do I." I replied truthfully. "I'll tell you what, I have a plan."
"I don't want to expose us yet-" he started but I interrupted.
"Neither do I, but I have an idea to get us through tonight without giving it away." I smiled, he looked sceptical and intrigued.
"What are you suggesting Miss Romanoff?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I got up from my seat and leaned into his eye.
"Meet me on the Roof in 10 minutes." I whispered, walking away to go talk to Wanda.

"Hey girls." I said, approaching Wanda, Maria, Sam and Bucky. The boys frowned.
"Hey! We're guys, thank you very much!" They defended themselves.
"Yes fine, and guys." I said. "What are you guys and girls talking bout?"
"Well, you actually-" Sam started but was hit by Maria.
"Your not supposed to say that you twat!" Wanda said in place of Maria.
"You know you girls have just made it obvious your talking about something bad, right? It would've been fine because, well, Tony plastered my name on every wall!" I chuckled and they all looked at the ground. "So what have I done now?" They all went silent.
"Well, we were just talking about how-" Sam started but was punched again.
"Sam! Learn how to shut the hell up!" Bucky yelled.
"You may as well tell me now." I huffed, visibly getting annoyed with them.
"Fine." Wanda huffed. "Sam, you can say it as your already hurt." Sam gathered himself up.
"Basically, we were talking about how good you and Steve are getting along. You looked very... friendly let's say, when you were by the bar a minute ago." Sam said, the other three had their hands over their face in embarrassment, but had a small area where they could watch Sam get hit, but I didn't hit him.
"You guys do know that Steve is my partner, I'm allowed to talk to him and not be labelled as two souls dying to get each other! You guys really need something better to do." With that, I walked away.

End of Party Pt.1