Chapter 55- Transfer home

*Nat's point of view*

We arrived in New York. The feeling was similar to the feeling I had when I first came to New York, but this time, I knew that something was going to end. It could either be my Past, the Red Room will never come back to haunt me again. Or it will be my future, the Avengers, all of my family will end and I'll be stuck in my past.

Yelena is with the Avengers, I'm not sure whether she'll talk to them or not because I'm sure she knows who they are to me. She may have spoken to them, but I don't know if they'll listen because I never spoke about her to any of them. Steve will hopefully listen, he so caring that he'll listen to anyone, but it depends whether he has changed since I last saw him.  I know Yelena knows that it's either the Red Room or the Avengers who will come out on top, and I have faith that she can persuade the Avengers to attack the Red Room rather than we attack them. If they are going to attack, they will in the next few days so I have to be prepared for anything.

"Natalia, you lived here for years. Can you remember anything about any backstreets or anything like that? When should we attack your friends to get your sister back?" Madam asked me in the SUV on the way to the compound. I was just staring out the window, lost in the beautiful city containing my family. Everyone I love is in this city right now and I can't access them. "Natalia?" She asked again, waving her hand in front of my face.
"I'm sorry, Madam. I don't remember anything. I was at home for a long while before I went on my last mission. It has been two years since I've been back." I lied. New York is my home, of course I remember everything about here but she doesn't need to get the upper hand on the Avengers.
"Are you sure?" She questioned again.
"Yes, Madam." I lied again.
"Are you just protecting that idiot you think you fell in love with?" Always with the questions.
"No, Madam. I do not love that man." I lied and basically tore my own heart in two. I love him more than anything. "Love is for children." I added, under my breath.
"Correct." She smirked and I turned back to the window, only to see us pull through a gate on to gravel.

Men stood guard, clutching their guns for dear life as they nodded their head in respect for the leaders who had just arrived in convoy. The compound was large with cameras surrounding the entire front of it. I quickly noticed a small passage to the side of the compound, no cameras.

I stepped out the vehicle and was greeted by two guards basically pulling me into the compound, like I was not allowed to be exposed to natural daylight and I must be confined. After being yanked into the compound and dragged to a room with no windows, I was told to sit there until I was told otherwise.

As soon as the door clicked shut, I desperately searched the room, using only my eyes. Nothing in here but a bed and a desk, containing nothing. I sat on the bed and put my head in my hands, rethinking the last few days.

2 days ago, I was waiting for a battle to arrive with Yelena by my side. My mind was flooded with thoughts of the Avengers and mainly, Steve. I spent the entire day staring off into the French Horizon, hoping for a rescue party, only to remember that I can't leave without all these Red Room monsters being six feet underground.
Yesterday, I spoke with Yelena about missing my family, knowing that she was going to tell me the same thing as she always does: tell me when you feel down and I'll do my best to cheer you up. Only this time, I was confronted with the battle I had been waiting for so we could move on to Barcelona. The same battle led me to stand guard out the front of the doors so the Compound Master could leave. Those same doors where I saw Steve for the first time in two years. Also the same doors where I left him standing there. The battle ended with Yelena basically being rescued by my family, The Red Room was to be transferred to New York and both me and Steve (I presume from the look on his face) walking away from each other wishing that things were different. How I wish they were different.
Today, we all woke up to meet the entire Red Room at the airport so we could take a private jet to JFK airport in New York. Even almost seeing Avengers tower gave me a glimmer of hope that was to be shut down. Then I was pushed into a room and told to sit and wait.

I'm home but I don't want to be in these conditions. I'm going to have to face my family at some point, probably going to be ordered to kill the people I love. As the bosses think I'm over Steve, they will ask me to prove it, by killing him. I can't hurt him. I love him. I certainly can't end the life of my lover, my brother or my sister, and nor any of the Avengers. I love them all with all I am and I am going to be asked to kill them.

Steve. I can't imagine the pain I put him through to walk out on him like I did, to only be confronted with me fighting him possibly a few days later. I need to see him. If I'm asked to kill him, I'll end my life before I even consider attacking him with anything other than love and affection. I'm not going to hurt him. I refuse to hurt the man I love

End of Transfer home